Chapter 43: You And I

Adani's POV

"Get dress, sweetie. I'm taking you out," Ricardo said when he walked back into my bedroom.

I wasn't expecting this and I couldn't contain the smile as my heart felt warm.

"Where are we going?" I questioned.

"You'll see. I'll leave you to get ready. Meet me on the back lawn once you're done." He excused himself and I flushed even more as I dashed to my closet and put together an outfit. Then I fluffed my hair and styled it into a high puff and applied some light makeup to my face.

YouTube tutorials had been a lifesaver.

Later, I met Ricardo on the back lawn as he told me. A helicopter and a pilot awaited and greeted us as we approached.

Ricardo assisted me up and into a seat before sitting across from me. He closed the door in, trapped ourselves in and soon, we were in the sky.

"I've never been in one of these before," I informed and looked out at the coastline, "LA looks amazing up here."

"Figured you might like it."

"I do." I sat back and enjoyed the ride until the chopper's descent onto a helipad at the top of a building. The whirling blades ceased, Ricardo opened the door and we stepped out.

~

"Mr. Parriston and Miss. Prime, welcome to The Sunset. Right this way to the Penthouse suite," a hostess greeted and directed us.

The Penthouse suite was the grandest and most luxurious room I've ever stepped into with a swimming pool located on the balcony.

The hostess took her leave and I looked around in amazement.

"The hotel belongs to Rockett. She renovated and developed it several years ago. The rooms are usually occupied by celebrities when they're visiting Los Angeles," Ricardo said.

"Is she here?" I asked.

"No. She's not even in the country. She's at a fashion event in Paris."

"Okay. Her hotel is beautiful."

"She has a thing for beauty and being diverse, something I always admire about her. She never boxes herself in. Which makes me want to ask you, what do you want to be, Adani?"

"I'm not sure."

"Sure you don't want to be a maid. And as my girlfriend, you're not going to be my maid anymore."

"Ricardo Parriston, are you firing me?" I asked and stepped towards him. I brushed a stray of hair from his forehead as his arms circled me.

"I'm sorry, but, you're fired. Now, tell me what you want to do for your independence so I can make it happen," he said with a smile.

"Please don't laugh. It's kinda silly."

"Don't downplay your aspirations and your goals. Believe that it's good."

"I want to be a fitness dance instructor at my own studio."

"You'll teach me how to salsa?" he joked as he attempted to move his hip.

"That and more," I answered with a laugh.

~
After we had a very satisfying lunch on the balcony, we got into the pool.

"Adani, I need you to know that it would be you and I against the world. I can't promise you that there won't be difficulties, misunderstandings and people adding their two cents into our business when we didn't ask for it. What I can promise you is that I'm going to always be there for you. I'll be available when you need me and I'll do my all to do right by you."