Chapter 19: Outside

Adani's POV

It was the first Sunday in July. It was my day-off and it was extremely hot out. The heat seemed to be in a fight with the air conditioning and it was winning.

I was already out of bed, had breakfast and was thinking about how I would enjoy my first complete day off since I started working as Mr. Parriston's live-in maid.

I knew I definitely wanted to stay out of Mrs. Parriston's eyesights and path. She had zero consideration for others' personal time to themselves and when my phone started ringing and I noticed it was Mavielle, I answered with relief.

"Hey. What's up?" she asked when I answered.

"I'm good. You?"

"Same. I'm actually calling because I want you to join us at the beach today."

Shit!

"I umm..." I stuttered as my mind flashed to Wayan and I recalled the nightmare. I was certain he was still out there looking for me, "Mavielle, I don't really know if I can..."

"Look, it's your first day off and it's hot. Haven't you seen the temperature, what better way to cool down than the beach?"

"Being in air conditioning."

"Adani, come on. I don't care if I have to come over there and pull you out of the mansion myself. You're coming."

"I don't even have anything to wear to the beach, Mavielle."

"I've got you covered. I'll be over in half an hour."

She hung up before I could protest some more. I cussed mentally as I took a quick shower and got into a robe. I didn't mentally prepare myself for the outdoors as yet and nobody, except Mr. Parriston, knows my background on the abuse.

~

As said, Mavielle came over half an hour later with a small shopping bag. She took out the items and my eyes popped when I saw the bikini.

"Now, get your cute self in this and let's hit the beach

"Now, get your cute self in this and let's hit the beach. Flamboyant is waiting for us and she's eager to drive her new jeep some more," she said and excused herself so I can get dress.

After several more minutes, I was ready. I took a deep breath as I exited and walked onto the driveway where Flamboyant and Mavielle were already hyper and full of laughter and smiles.

Flamboyant rocked a sunshade with a red bikini top and jeans shorts. Her hair was pulled into a messy ponytail but still managed to look great.

Mavielle was applying lipgloss right before she put her sunglasses on.

I got into the back of the jeep and Flamboyant drove out of the mansion's gate. We sped along the roads that were lined with palm trees until Flamboyant turned left onto a dirt road.