Chapter 10

Chapter 10

With Lavi, the both of them maximized their hammers, blowing it up into a huge hammer, before swinging it simultaneously at the level 3 akuma. It was a quick, fast, done deal, and the akuma was of no more, disappearing in a purple star that vanished along with the purified soul of the akuma.

Eliza wiped some sweat off her forehead and felt drained of most of her energy. “Now I know that I’ll be eating and sleeping a lot when I’m back at the Order…”

Lavi shrugged, “Well, that goes with everyone. But other than that, there’s something else we need to worry about. We still need to retrieve the Innocence of the house.” His green eyes glanced around, trying to locate the house, before finding it and examining it for a brief second, “It’s been destroyed by akuma. We need to quickly go. The level 3 was probably only a distraction so that the level 1’s and 2’s could get the Innocence. We have to hurry!”

Eliza nodded, and the two of them sprinted to the broken down house. The two of them zoomed past the houses, seeing it go by as a blur before they reached the house. Although the house was left in ruins, they knew it belonged to no one other than Yvonne. But, where was she? She was nowhere in sight.

Instead of Yvonne being in the house, there were 2 akuma, both level 2, surrounding a glowing green object. They were bickering over something, which gave Eliza and Lavi some time to think of a plan.

“That’s the Innocence.” Lavi pointed to the glowing green object. Eliza nodded. “But first we need to get the akuma. We’ll catch them off guard and retrieve it.”

They met eyes and nodded, determinations flowing in their veins. Jumping from their spots, the two exorcists weaved the debris that was created, going to the centre, where the Innocence was.

Eliza grabbed the chain that connected to her hammer and swung it around like a lasso, before throwing it at the akuma, hitting it with powerful force and momentum in the head. It fell on to the ground in the middle of talking to the other akuma, and was exorcised. The akuma in front of it froze for a second, meeting Eliza’s eyes as she got her spike ball back. She swung it round, waiting for Lavi from behind to strike it while she distracted.

“Oh. I’m sorry, were you two talking?” Eliza smiled happily, a dark aura emitting from her.

“RAHH!! YOU LITTLE—!!” The akuma was too late in attacking Eliza, as Lavi had used the hammer to vertically destroy it.

“Done.” Lavi grinned, showing he was pleased with himself.

Eliza walked towards the glowing green object and picked it up, feeling a strange energy in it. She held it in her hands, amazed by the feeling that she felt when near it. “Lavi, I’ve got it. Let’s go.”

Eliza shrunk her Innocence and placed it back where it was before, and walked to Lavi, who deactivated his too.

“I’ll take the Innocence for now.” He spoke. She handed him the glowing object and he placed it somewhere out of view.

“Exorcists!” A girly voice called, stopping them in their tracks. They turned around, finding the  voice very recognizable.

There, behind them, was Yvonne, clad in her redness.

“Yvonne?!” Eliza exclaimed, “Where did you go just now?!” She asked.

“I was hiding…” She murmured softly.

The older female looked helplessly at the little girl and patted her on the head, smiling warmly. “There won’t be any more monsters that will bother you anymore.”