Chapter 15

Chapter 15

“Lenalee!” Allen shouted, voice loud and clear. She was planning an attack from above, attacking the lady just after he had attacked her. But, how could that woman negate both attacks?

Just what was she?!

“A…Allen…” Lenalee managed to say, “A…Akuma…”

The woman in the white dress punched her in the gut, sending a shock down Allen’s body as he winced at her pain. Lenalee coughed up some blood, clenching her teeth. Some blood stained the woman’s white dress, sending her into an angry rage at the person responsible. She threw another punch, but Lenalee’s flexibility was put to the test. She swung herself up backwards, making a backwards C, and with power, she kicked the woman square in the head, making her let go of her neck and send her flying into a level 2 akuma, which in turn exploded from impact.

Lenalee landed with her two feet, but stumbled a little. She wiped the blood from her mouth and glanced at Allen, “I’m alright,” answering his questions.

“You…dare…”

Allen and Lenalee’s heads looked to where the lady was kicked to, and found that the white dress was half ripped, from the side to the middle of the front, showing her legs that were long and thin. The sleeves were gone, and the hood that the woman wore was gone, too. Finally, she had revealed her face. Her face was small and round, cute even. Her eyes were a deep blue, so mesmerizing and hollow; it could sweep anyone into the depths of them. Long brown wavy hair flowed down her back and her shoulders. She looked human. Her features were angry with rage. She took a step forward, straight at Allen and Lenalee.

~

There was a huge explosion right near Lavi and Eliza; they heard it very clearly – it was so loud, so deafening. What was going on there? Lavi ducked his head and glanced to the explosion area, and saw only a cloud of black dust. The hammer punched the akuma, going through it, taking the redhead’s attention away from what Allen and Lenalee were doing.

“Oi! Reddy! Focus! Do you want to die?!” Eliza shouted in his ear.

“N-No!” Lavi stumbled from the surprise shouting, but regained his balance, quickly attacking the few ten akuma that were left. They were nearly done.

Eliza destroyed an akuma with her spike ball, killing it in one blow with the viciousness. She saw the black cloud of dust in the near background, clearing, revealing the woman that they’d seen at first which ordered the akuma around.

Eliza squinted at the person. Instead of being in that pretty white dress, she was now a mess, still with the white dress, but ripped up in all sorts of different places. Her hood was gone. She could now see her face. But just barely. Her green eyes could make out the fine lines of the person’s face, seeing their angry expression and mature face.

Eliza felt like she recognized her, but thought about it again – she can’t possibly know an akuma. There was probably someone that looked exactly like her that Eliza just couldn’t put her finger on.

The more the dust cleared, the easier it was to see who the lady was. Eliza could now see the full features of the woman.

She froze up, recognizing that face.

It was a lot older than before – she’d grown.

She could recognize that face anywhere.

It was his sister.

And she was working for the Millennium Earl.

~

“Ooh! Look at how that went! The Earl’s masterpiece really is a masterpiece! This is spectacular!” The pink one clapped its hands, a loud laughter erupting from his mouth, “Damn, that must have hurt! That was such a pathetic attack against the Mistress!”

“They’ve got her angry…” The blue one winced, pretending to bite its nails.

“…The other girl is looking.” Finally, the last one spoke. His arms were crossed, showing the redness in the sun that had started to slowly come down.

“The other girl?” The other two level 3’s questioned. They both looked down at the battlefield and saw half of the hammer duo staring at the Mistress.

“What the hell? Is she stoned or what? I thought the only thing she could do was kill the weaklings!” The blue one exclaimed, “Why isn’t she attacking the level 2’s?!”

“Shut up! That’s not the case here, you idiot! Look where she’s looking!” The pink one elbowed its companion.

“Dammit don’t elbow me!” Its eyes stared down at what Eliza was staring at, “What? She’s only staring at the Mistress. Nothing special.”

“She recognizes her.” The red one spoke up, authority in its voice.

“How?”

The red one paused, before its mouth curled up into a wicked smile, “Because she was the one that had drove her brother to his death, and she brought him back.”

~

Lavi crushed one beneath him, jumping off the moment it detonated. He puffed and twirled the hammer’s handle around his fingers, slamming down on the few last akuma there were. They seemed to be disappearing slower than usual, it was strange. If Eliza was also fighting, then there should be none by now.

Upon thinking Eliza’s name, Lavi glanced over to his companion, but saw that she was standing still, holding her Innocence without much grip in the hand. She seemed to be frozen, staring straight at the woman in white. Why was she staring?

“ELIZA!” Lavi shouted. He ran to her. She didn’t have any reaction whatsoever. He waved a hand in front of her face, but yet again, no reaction. Then, he shook her shoulders, calling her name over and over.

“Stop it!” Eliza shoved Lavi off from her and stared with wide green eyes at the woman.

Lavi showed surprise as he hit against the ground, feeling that his backside would become sore later. He pushed himself up and froze when he saw the expression on Eliza’s face.

“Eliza…?”

“T-This person…” She murmured, lips quivering.

“So you finally remember me.” The woman had a strange voice, a voice as if it was a combination of two voices.

Eliza’s lips moved slowly, hesitant to say the name of the person who hated her so much. It came out only as a whisper, but everyone could hear it.

“Arcana…”