Chapter 3

Chapter 3

“…and this is the medical ward.” Komui explained, taking a sip from his coffee mug. It was decorated with this funny looking pink bunny. Eliza found it quite cute. Thing was, was that during the tour of the Black Order, Komui hadn’t gone off to get anything. Funny thing is, is that he had a mug in his hand. Maybe he went and got it when she wasn’t looking? Or maybe…he teleported. Eliza shook her head. That was definitely not true. Plus, no such thing existed in this world.

“Is that all?” She asked, her thoughts straying away from the coffee mug and Komui. The supervisor nodded.

“You’re free to do whatever you please. But before that, I want to check your Innocence. Follow me.” Komui walked off to the side and down the stairs. The black haired woman followed after him at a quicker pace, trying to catch up. He was so tall, and him being tall mean that he had long legs. Long legs meant that he could walk with longer strides. Things just don’t work out for Eliza.

He led her in front of a door and opened it, revealing a room with much equipment and storage shelves that were white in colour. In the middle of the room there was a long rectangular table, which resembled a surgery table in a hospital. There were a few chairs stacked in the corner. Komui grabbed two of them and put them on both sides of the table, before sitting on one of them and telling Eliza to sit on the other. She did so.

Placing his coffee mug down on to the white table, he met Eliza’s green eyes. “Can you show me your Innocence?” He asked.

Nodding only once, she un-clicked her Innocence from the chain that connected it to her belt and placed it gently on the table. “Here.” She pushed it forward a few centimetres.

Komui picked it up and stared at it, examining the detail. After a few minutes, he placed it back down and pushed it towards Eliza. “Can you invoke it?”

She nodded, before staring at the Innocence. “Innocence; invoke.” She whispered, touching the small form of Innocence. The hammer and spike ball grew larger and larger in pulsing moments, before it reached its full length and size. It neatly fitted the table; it wasn’t too big or too small. It was just the right size, a little bit shorter than the length of the table, though.

Komui nodded in approval before he examined the larger detail of the Innocence hammer and spike ball more carefully than before. His eyes narrowed and widened at different times. Eliza watched in silence as Komui inspected her Innocence. She didn’t know people could examine Innocence. She eyed Komui; did he know a lot about Innocence?

She mentally sighed. She still had a lot to learn, about him, about Lavi and Bookman, about everything else, and the Black Order. She just hoped that it wasn’t too confusing. If it was, her brain would probably shut down from override of information.

“This Innocence is an equipment type.” Komui explained, touching it and skimming it lightly against the hammer’s surface before letting his hand slide down onto the table.

“Tell me something I don’t already know.” Eliza propped her chin against her hand as her elbow went against the white table.

Komui stared at her, amusement dancing in his eyes. “Alright. This equipment type was formed outside of the knowing of the Order. It wasn’t merged into a weapon by the help of the Black Order scientists.”

“Lavi already told me.” The green eyes female stated bluntly.

“Hm…” Komui took a sip of his coffee. “Right. Do you mind if we borrow your Innocence for a while?” He shot a glance at Eliza.

She nodded. “Sure. Better give it back, though.” She crossed her arms and looked at the invoked Innocence. “De-activate.” She whispered.

Her Innocence shrunk back to its original size, just smaller than her palm and nodded to Komui. “Take it.”