Chapter 19

Chapter 19

What? This can’t be!

Lenalee couldn’t believe it. Somebody stole Innocence from the Order? How was that even possible? She scanned her eyes further down the page and kept reading.

Infiltrated using an invisibility potion, made by Alyster March.

Was caught for one hour before she escaped.

Escape means unknown.

“A potion…?” Lenalee questioned. Were the potions similar to the stuff they made in the Science lab?

I better look at Alyster’s file then.

Lenalee looked for Alyster’s file and found the box full with files. She found the file named ‘Alyster March’ and took it out, flipping through the pages.

Alyster March

Family: Arcana March, younger sister.

Was a former scientist of the Black Order for 2 years.

Killed by his subject, Eliza Rickards.

Lenalee re-read the whole passage, hoping that she wasn’t reading things. But, no matter how many times she read it, it wasn’t going to change.

“How…” She placed the boxes back into their respective spots and took the files, pinning them on the clipboard she had, closing it before she exited.

~

“Komui!” The Chinese girl called, “I’m coming in!”

“Did you do what I asked?”

“…” Lenalee was silent and walked straight into the office, placing the clip board onto his desk, “Look at this. This was before you became Chief.”

Komui read the papers and his eyes widened. He had never known this.

“What? Arcana stole Innocence from the Order?” Komui said in disbelief.

“I thought that too,” Lenalee frowned slightly, “Why did you ask me to get these files? Did you know that they were related to the Order in some way?”

“…Their names were really familiar, but I couldn’t put my finger onto it. Eliza seems to be wrapped around this too, being a ‘subject’.” Komui pressed his lips together.

“Komui, what does that mean?” She asked.

“It means that she was a basically a scientific experiment. Alyster most likely used her as a test subject.”

~

“Stop fighting, Kanda, Allen!” Eliza shouted. They didn’t even listen, not even bothering to look, continuing to fight. But soon enough, their brawl ended and they sat at where Eliza and Lavi were.

Allen had more bruises than Kanda, who only had a few.

“What the hell, why did you guys even start fighting?” The female asked, looking at them with a questioned face.

Kanda and Allen met eyes and glared, before turning their heads and frowning. They didn’t answer her question.

“Geez…” Eliza sighed.

Lavi poked her in the arm, catching her attention, “Hey, you remember that girl with the white dress? The one that caused this wound?”

“You mean Arcana?” She asked.

This again…oh no.

The red head nodded, “How did you know her?” He asked.

Eliza froze up. She glanced at Allen and Kanda, finding that they were listening, waiting for an answer. Allen’s stare was long his gentle grey coloured eyes were innocent; Lavi’s stare was long and hard, waiting for her to answer him. But she felt a very cold and hard, somewhat irritated stare coming from her right side, from Kanda. He was full on glaring, his dark eyes seeming even darker with the shadow that had taken over them from him creasing his eyebrows.