Chapter 20

Chapter 20

When their eyes made contact later in the day, Eliza would whip her head around with an annoyed expression, along with a light blush. Lavi would stare on, wanting to apologize, but she never gave him a chance. What the hell did he do wrong?

“Hey Eli—” Lavi started.

Eliza saw his red hair, green eyes and his mouth moving. She turned around, going the opposite direction, going to where the secluded Kanda was. She completely ignored the red head.

“What the hell are you doing?” Kanda glared at the shorter girl.

“Getting away from a sexual offender.” Eliza crossed her arms and pouted.

~

“Lavi, don’t worry, she’ll talk to you soon.” Allen said, standing five meters away from the corner that Lavi was in. He’d been in the corner for so long that gloomy mushrooms were growing there already.

“She hates me…” Lavi moaned, feeling down and depressed. Tears hung from his eyes.

“WHY DON’T YOU KEEP TRYING THEN?!” Lenalee kicked Lavi out of his corner. He flew up high in the air, over Allen, and into the ground, making a huge sound when he did.

Later as the smoke and dust cleared, Lavi was seen climbing out of the hole he had made, coughing.

Lenalee stood in front of him, holding her hips and standing with authority. Allen was behind her, looking on as if it was an everyday thing.

“If you want to apologize, then go do it! You’re a man, aren’t you? MAN UP!” Lenalee scolded, furrowing her eyebrows and intensifying her glare on the red head.

Lavi’s eyes widened. This was one of the firsts. Lenalee was shouting at him.

“If she’s avoiding you because of something that happened between you two, then go and apologize if you think you’ve done something wrong! Cause judging by what’s happening, you’re the culprit!” She pointed down at him.

“Uh…ok.” Lavi gulped. He got up and began to dust himself off.

“GO. NOW.” She demanded, pointing.

“O-Ok!” Lavi ran off, feeling the glare of her on the back of his head, drilling a hole through.

Eep!! He mentally screamed.

~

“Oh wow…such pretty birds.” Eliza commented, hugging her legs as she stared up at the trees adorned with colourful birds. She was in the garden of the Order, but an artificial one that looked so real that it could be passed as one. She always went there for comfort, and to daydream when she wasn’t on a mission.

“If only they hadn’t died…” She whispered, resting her head on her knees. She had gotten past how Lavi was and just ignored him for fun, for her own amusement. On her mind now was why she was alone, why they weren’t here with her.

She had thought, Allen, Lenalee, Lavi and Kanda all had great friends around them that have been there for them for a long time, or have been there for them when the times were rough. She’d let them in their circle, but, it didn’t erase any memories of the other two that still lingered in her mind.

~

“Eliza! This is Alyster! He’s my older brother!” A younger Arcana pointed to her older brother.

He had just brought the pie from inside the kitchen and was about to eat it at the table when he was interrupted. He had the same eyes and hair as his sister, but it wasn’t curly, but straight and short, just barely covering his eyes. His blues were a much prettier colour than Arcana’s, a deeper shade that Eliza loved.

Alyster’s lips curled into a smile and he waved, “Hi! You’re Eliza, right?” He asked.

She nodded, shy. He was a good looking boy for his age, and had one of the nicest smiles she’s ever seen. He was taller than both her and Arcana, but not by too much.

“Thanks for being a good friend to my sister,” He ruffled Eliza’s dark hair, “I’ll be upstairs if you two need me.” He went over to the stairs and went up.

Eliza stared after him, her hand rising to the top of her head, her cheeks burning pink.

“Let’s get some stuff to eat!” Arcana said, going into the kitchen. She went off quickly, stomach rumbling.

Eliza patted her hair down, remembering the feel of his hand on her head. She combed her hair with her fingers, and heard her friend’s voice.

“Eliza?! What do you want to eat?”

“Ah! I’m coming! I’ll choose myself!” Eliza said it loud enough so that she could hear.

She shook her head and touched her cheeks, they were burning. She felt warm. She patted her cheeks with her cold hands in an attempt to cool them down and went to Arcana.

~

“Eliza?” Lavi spoke, looking around the 100th corner in the Order. He sighed when there was no sight of her. It was hard enough that the place was so big, but she was only one person, exactly how hard was she to find?

“Ugh! I can’t find her!” Lavi shouted, throwing his head back.

He stared at the ceiling. It was dark. His nostrils picked up a nice floral scent, and immediately he thought of the garden.

I haven’t checked there yet!

He quickly made his way to the garden, weaving through doors and hallways, eventually making his way there. He noticed that the door was partly opened, and wondered if anyone was inside. He took one step in and was again awed by the beauty of the artificial garden. He nearly forgot to look around, and his head turned to the right and the left, until he saw a figure on one of the benches.

“Eh?” He blinked and went in; walking closer to the person, only to realize that the person was none other than Eliza, curled up in a ball, hugging her knees, her hair all over her face that he couldn’t see it.

“Eliza?” He crouched down and brushed the hair gently from her face, seeing that he eyes were closed. He saw that her eyelashes were long and thick, and her skin was flawless and smooth. His green eyes moved on to her lips as he examined the lines on them, finding that they were small yet plump and so, very kissable.

Unconsciously, he leaned closer and caressed her cheek with his hand, brushing his lips against hers ever so lightly, before  he jerked himself back to reality, quickly moving back and holding his forehead, mentally punching himself for being so impulsive and lust driven.

What the hell was I doing…?

He looked back down at Eliza’s sleeping figure and exhaled slowly, before taking off his jumper and placing it around her body, as a blanket.

He walked over to the door and looked back once.

I’ll apologize to her tomorrow.

As he left, Eliza stirred in her sleep.