Chapter 18

Chapter 18

“Are you sure that was an akuma?” Komui asked, creasing his eyebrows inwards as he adjusted his beret from the running he did.

Kanda nodded. “Yeah. Wasn’t a Noah, though.”

The Chief thought for a while, nothing coming to his head.

“It also said that it ‘made’ Eliza’s Innocence.” Kanda glanced at her from the side of his eye before it shifted back to the Chief.

“What? Made?” Komui questioned, now completely focused.

“Yeah. It had 2 voices, one male and the other female. Seems like the male counterpart ‘made’ it.”

“If it was an akuma, it wouldn’t have been able to make anything because Innocence would destroy it. Was this ‘akuma’ human before?”

“Chief! Allen’s ok!” One of the finders waved his arm and caught his attention. Komui went over to Allen to talk to him while Kanda stared at one of the buildings, sensing something faintly there.

Hm…

~

Upon returning to the Order, Lavi was bedridden in the infirmary for days and Allen was discharged early before him. Lenalee had check-ups to see if there was any damage done to her organs or bones. Eliza would come in sometimes to check-up, too, but mainly to visit the others.

Lavi would greet her with his usual smile right after he had been taken to the infirmary, like something made him really happy. But Eliza just thought that he was happy from going back to the Order, instead of destroying all the akuma the day before, along with the encounter with it.

“I’m going to be discharged in a few days!” Lavi sighed in relief, grinning as the long haired woman sat next to the bed.

“You’ve already been here for a week already, you know that? I’m only visiting you because you have nothing better to do.” Eliza shrugged.

“That guy was tough. The wound was pretty deep. I think. I dunno. The nurse told me that it would take a while to heal, and that I shouldn’t do anything strenuous…” Lavi pointed at the bandaged wound on his body.

Eliza glanced at it briefly and sighed, remembering what Arcana, Alyster and the Earl said.

“Oh yeah, Komui wants to see you.” Lavi piped up, remembering what the nurse told him. “The nurse told me to pass on the message. Said that it was urgent.”

“Ah. Right. I’ll go then.” Eliza stood up and turned around, only to be grabbed by the wrist. “What?” She looked over her shoulder and glared at him. “You said I had to go, didn’t you? Why’re you stopping me?”

“Oh.” His hand dropped and he rubbed the back of his head. “Sorry, I was bored and uh…your wrists looked small so I wanted to compare them to mine.” He laughed nervously.

“What has being bored got do to from grabbing people by the wrists?” Eliza raised an eyebrow. “Well, now I know you have a wrist fetish. See ya.”

Once Eliza was out the door, Lavi slapped his cheeks, wondering what the hell he was doing.

Why the hell did I do that?!

~

“You called, Komui?” Eliza sat in front of Komui’s desk, sitting on the comfy chair provided.

“Oh, yes, Eliza. I wanted to ask you about last week’s incident with the akuma in Rome. I’m sorry for sending you guys out to such a dangerous mission. At least there were no casualties,” Komui gave her an apologetic expression, “I was informed that there was an akuma that looked very human like and was the cause of Allen and Lavi’s wounds, and that the Millennium Earl was there, too.”