Chapter 23

Chapter 23

“You’re to take Hunter with you, just in case.” The large eagle flew off the Earl’s hand and fluttered elegantly onto Arcana’s shoulder.

She grunted at the sudden weight, but remained with her arms crossed, “I leave now, I presume?”

The Earl nodded, and with that, she was off.

~

“I should really stop…” Lavi sighed with his head against the table, “I feel like an idiot…”

He remembered all her facial expressions, all the angry, pissed, embarrassed and stoic, sarcastic ones…

WHY THE HELL AM I THINKING ABOUT HER?!

He smashed his head against the table like he did with the wall and thought over and over again, ‘Shut up, Lavi!’

The workers of the Black Order stared at him with wonder and amazement at how he kept managing to do that without destroying his head.

~

“We’re here.” Arcana’s eyes scanned the area of her old village, finding that mostly everything was the same. She saw her home in the distance and narrowed her eyes.

Walking past the other homes that were there and the newly built ones, she found that there were a lot more people there than before. She kept to herself and didn’t hear Alyster talk either as they approached their home.

It was ragged and worn, some wood dropping from the roof and supported with only one or two nails. The grass had grown a considerable length and was half the size of the house, if not, longer, since the wind had made its shape by blowing a certain way.

“Alyster, your notes are in your lab, right?” The brunette asked her brother.

Alyster only replied with a short, ‘Yes.’

Hunter’s big brown eyes stared down at the person who it sat on, watching for any reaction. There was none.

Upon entering Alyster’s old lab, Arcana could smell the stench of very rotten blood. It must’ve been Alyster’s, since no one else had been killed here and the accident long ago wouldn’t have been cleaned up.

“Urgh. Smells revolting.” She scrunched up her nose and walked in, going to the windows to open them up and let the air and light in.

Once there was enough light, the female could see that the lab seemed the same, except for the bloodied floor and desk. The floor, other than blood, also had loose leafs of paper around, some soaked in blood and some not. The desk, on the other hand, had seemed messier than usual, maybe from the struggle from when Eliza killed him. Arcana clenched her jaw.

“Where’d you put the notes?”

Alyster thought for a brief moment. On the way there, he was thinking long and hard about it. But he never arrived at an answer. Alyster’s head began to throb, a piercing pain at the back of his head. It hurt like hell, but Arcana didn’t feel it.

~

“Eliza?! What are you doing here?” Alyster’s blue eyes went wide with shock.

The Millennium Earl just grinned like he ridiculously did, showing off those humungous teeth of his, “Isn’t she just lovely?” He asked with an amused tone.

The man ignored him, his thoughts only on Eliza, “Eliza! Eliza, put down the knife!” He pleaded, writing down a few more words onto his notes before they were finally finished. He threw the pen to one side and shut the book.