Chapter 29

Chapter 29

“Oh?” Eliza raised an eyebrow and gritted her teeth, “Please, I think you may need to get your eyes and ears checked.”

Lulu pushed the swords back and intercepted a blow from Lavi, who had come up from behind her.

“You can’t destroy the egg. It’s too hard to, dirty mice,” Lulu spat, “You can’t defeat me.”

Now Eliza was angry. She hated when people said that. Period.

“Ok now, lady, who says people can’t beat you? I don’t think you’ve ever heard of people that are ‘stronger than you’!” She snapped, swinging both swords into her direction.

Lulu blocked Eliza’s attack, but she didn’t see Lavi coming. He attacked her with the hammer, scathing her face in the process, leaving a red streak that would later turn into a bruise. Surprised, Eliza’s weapons were pushed off and Lavi was attacked, kicked in the gut.

“LAVI!” Eliza exclaimed, watching as he flew in the air. He hit the ground with a loud thud.

Lulu touched her cheek, “…You managed to scratch my cheek,” She looked down onto him, “Maybe I underestimated you.” In the next moment, she was already aiming for the kill. As she walked towards the red head, her 2 arms morphed into long wire like spears, which had a small arrowhead.

Lavi coughed as he heaved himself up to stand. Eliza rushed over, hoping to make it on time. Worry and panic drove itself into her heart as Lulu prepared for her attack. In a split second’s notice, she threw her Innocence at Lulu. The 2 blades created a fast helicopter and hit Lulu dead on, stabbing in one arm and merely just missing Lavi’s head by the next.

Lulu was frozen.

Lavi’s eyes were wide with a combination of shock, fear and surprise.

Eliza was panting – that sudden rush of adrenaline had clouded her mind – did she make the right decision? She watched Lulu. Blood had begun to trickle down the arm and Lulu’s eyes could be seen as it darkened with spite. She ripped out the Innocence and threw it straight onto the ground, stamping her feet on it.

“You small, disobedient rat.” She glowered.

Lavi fumbled around until he found his Innocence, attempted attacking, but only getting his Innocence wrapped around by Lulu’s remaining arm’s wires and thrown to the other side, barely just missing Eliza.

“…without this, you can’t destroy the egg now, can you?” Lulu asked, a small smile yet angry smile gracing her lips.

Eliza shuddered and didn’t reply.

Lulu’s eyes wandered from the 2 exorcists to the large group of akuma on the bottom, fighting Alyster. She smirked.

“…What if I did this?” Lulu grabbed the Innocence and aimed straight at Alyster, throwing it to hit him.

The dark haired woman glared at the Noah before whispering something to Lavi very quickly, then diving in to try and catch it.

“ALYSTER!!” Eliza shouted.

He looked her way and saw that the Innocence was coming towards him, but he couldn’t escape, as the akuma were all around him. He clenched his teeth and started to quickly attack akuma and kill them, but that didn’t work, as more would come and take its place.

Eliza was getting desperate. She stretched her arms and hand out as far as she could, but was unable to reach it.

Please…Innocence, come back to me! Stop!!

A small glow emitted from the Innocence before it stopped, letting Eliza grab it’s handle and slash at the akuma coming from behind Alyster.

Good job…” Alyster huffed.

A bead of sweat slid down the side of her cheek, and she sighed in relief.

Thanks Innocence….

~

“Interesting…” Lulu commented on Eliza’s performance, raising an eyebrow, “It stopped just for her. But isn’t she just an equip type? I don’t think they listen to their accommodators this much…”

As she drawled on, Lavi knew that she had no interest in him unless he did something. She was just talking to herself. How weird.

Eliza jumped back up onto the egg and prepared for another fight. Lavi did the same. Lulu looked at them, before springing up and attacking from above. Lavi took to one side and Eliza took the other, circling around so that whatever attacks the Noah did, it missed.

Lulu was observant, however, of what the plan was. She got her arm and made it longer than ever, swinging it around in a circle, aiming at Eliza first.

She gasped in surprise and skidded to stop, placing her sword in front of her as the thinnest tip of Lulu’s arm wrapped around the sword. Eliza kept it into place and shook from the amount of strength needed to keep it in place as Lulu pulled at the same time.

Lavi enlarged his hammer to a huge size, slamming it down on Lulu. Since her remaining arm didn’t work, her leg morphed into another hammer of roughly around the same size, to intercept the attack.

“Shit!” Lavi cursed, finding that his attack was unsuccessful.

Lulu felt great satisfaction, but froze as she felt a fast and quick stabbing pain in her chest. Her head turned around and stared straight at Eliza, who had cut her with her remaining sword, whilst the other was wrapped up.

“…you…” Lulu hissed.

Eliza didn’t say anything and pulled the sword out and moving back a few steps. Lavi did the same.

“…we did…it…” Lavi looked down onto Lulu, who had slumped onto the ground.

“…yeah.” Eliza felt her eyelids becoming heavy. She stabbed her sword to the ground and fought to stay awake. Lavi was by her side, holding her up by the waist and arm.

“…let go of me…” Eliza mumbled, “I need to destroy…the egg…”

“You don’t seem ok…” Lavi commented.

“Yeah...yeah…” She pushed Lavi off with poor strength, before clenching the handles of the sword with as much strength she had left, stabbing it straight into the egg.

The sword had stuck into it, but there wasn’t anything that happened in the first 5 seconds. But then, the sound of a crack was heard, and multiple cracking.

Alyster looked up and saw that a dark light was emitting from the egg where Eliza and Lavi were standing.

When he blinked though, they were gone.