Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Back at the café, Allen and Lenalee were both giving Eliza a look of confusion. Something must’ve happened on that trip with Lavi, they just didn’t know what. But that was only mainly because the girl with Lavi, didn’t tell them. It annoyed them very much so.

When the chocolate cake had hit the table, the three chowed down on it, filling their stomachs with the rich cake. Whilst eating the slice, Lenalee looked up and saw that Eliza was off guard, happily eating it with a smile on her face. Lenalee didn’t want to interrupt, but her curiosity forced her.

“So did you hug anybody?” The Dark Boots wielder threw a random question, just taking a random guess at what had happened. Plopping a bit of chocolate into her mouth, she observed her friend’s reaction.

“Huh?”

It wasn’t as she was expecting; Eliza’s face was red and the cake on her fork had dropped from it, hitting the plate with a light splat as her mouth hung open and her green eyes wide. Lenalee nudged Allen and he looked up, catching on the situation. As they both stared at Eliza, her features slowly started to redden, spreading a layer of pink blush on her cheeks.

“Eliza…? What’s wrong?” Lenalee asked. She didn’t get why Eliza was blushing. Did she say something wrong?

“N-Nothing…” 

“Eliza-chan, if something’s on your mind, you can tell us! We’re always here for you, no matter what!” Allen grinned. It soon degraded down into a friendly smile.

Eliza glanced at Allen when he said those beautiful words. He was like an angel. And Lenalee was the apprentice of angels next to him. If she were someone else with the problem she was facing right now, she’d tell them because they looked so trustworthy and friendly. Even if she didn’t tell them, wouldn’t they find out somehow? And she couldn’t tell them…her mouth and voice box wouldn’t let her say that kind of stuff.

Pfft.

Too much pride.

“Uhm, uh…” Eliza started, fiddling with her fingers, “I don’t know how to put t-this…b-but…” Well, now’s the time to swallow her pride. She felt intense stares on her, and saw that the two exorcists were leaning in closer and closer, as if they really wanted to know the secret.

Eep!! Why are they so close?! Eliza thought, feeling that her personal space was slipping from her.

“O-On that mission, L-Lavi—”

DING, DING, DING, DING! DING, DING, DING, DING!

The church bell had rung loudly, resonating the whole area whilst Eliza was speaking. After it had died down, Lenalee and Allen paused for a slight bit, before fiddling with their fingers.

All they saw was Eliza’s moving mouth when the bells rang. Nothing else.

“Uhm…we didn’t hear what you said because of the church bells…can you say it again?” Allen smiled sheepishly.

Eliza froze up like a rock, feeling that she had swallowed her pride for nothing. No way was she saying that again.

“Krrii! Krii! Krii!” The golem that was in Lenalee’s jumper had flown out of it and was connecting to the Order’s system. It made a static noise for what seemed like 10 minutes, and finally it connected. Throughout that whole waiting period, Eliza was sweating bullets mentally, she was glad they got interrupted.

“Lenalee-chan, Allen-kun, Eliza-chan!” They could hear Komui’s voice.

“Yes, brother?” Lenalee looked up to the golem.