Chapter 8

Chapter 8

His arms left from around Eliza, and she felt the cold breeze hit her skin, making goose bumps form. Suddenly, she missed the warmth that engulfed her before. She kind of liked it, but whatever her mouth said was the complete opposite, which didn’t show what she actually felt. She contradicted herself.

There weren’t that many akuma, but they were large and reeked of intent to destroy and to find that house, which, in this case, was the Innocence. Eliza mentally sighed. Who would have a house as Innocence? That was completely out of the world and stupid. If she was searching for Innocence, finding it implanted in a house would be the last thing on her mind. Seriously? Who would have a house made of Innocence?

Lavi and Eliza made their way down the path to where the akuma were, seeing more and more of them explode out of their human forms so that they could start searching, and destroy any unwanted guests. In this case, it would be Lavi and Eliza if they were found out.

The two exorcists ducked from the large akuma’s sight and prepared their Innocence, separating to the left and right sides, aiming for a side to side assault on the unsuspecting akuma.

“Man…man…” Lavi began, holding onto his hammer. He glanced to his side and saw Eliza, taking out the Innocence that was his plus a little spike ball. It was strange. Why was their Innocence so similar?

Fast fingers grabbed the handle of the black hammer and spike ball, the owner mumbling a, “Grow,” just before she and her companion was close enough to the akuma.

“WHO DARES COME BEFORE ME?” The largest akuma turned around, speaking to the two exorcists running to him. In his view, they were little ants that he could crush with his feet. But to dirty his feet, he didn’t want that. “LITTLE AKUMA…GO!” He ordered, pointing to the two specks that he could see.

Eliza and Lavi exchanged looks, nodded, and started to attack the incoming akuma. They were all level 2’s, all with different abilities and powers – it was hard avoiding all the attacks that were at close range and far range. There were so many coming in all directions – and one went straight for Eliza; one that she couldn’t dodge.

Lavi saw from the side of his eye and quickly kicked away the incoming akuma from his side, running straight to Eliza in chance that he’d save her. “Come on, hammer…” Lavi’s already large hammer extended at a fast pace, getting right in front of Eliza just as the explosion between contact surfaces was seen and heard. “Eliza!”

The smoke cleared slowly, making Lavi squint to see what was happening. He saw a lone person standing in the middle of a circle of dead akuma, holding the Innocence in her hands that had killed those akuma around her. It was Eliza – she had survived the blast, and killed the akuma responsible too – he had saved her, in the nick of time. Lavi wiped his forehead, breathing a sigh of sudden relief.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU STANDING THERE FOR?!” Eliza yelled, pointing straight at the red head, “THERE ARE AKUMA EVERYWHERE, REDDY!! HURRY UP AND DESTORY THEM OR I’LL DESTROY YOU!!” She threatened.

Lavi slightly jumped and cringed at her words, they were harsh. Ouch. The first part was on direct mark, but to threaten him…if he didn’t know her beforehand, he’d laugh it off as a joke. Thing is, was that it’s not a joke…she absolutely meant it.

“Y-YES!” Lavi turned around and stared at the barrage of akuma behind him. They were angry, but nice enough to let them finish their conversation. He nervously laughed, rubbing the back of his head, “Haha…thank you for waiting…” He then surprised attacked them, hammering down quickly and efficiently to get rid of them.

Eliza, on the other hand, used the chain attached to her hammer and chanted  a few words to extend the chain, so that Lavi wouldn’t have that much to deal with. After all, they were companions. She threw the spiked ball, “DUCK, LAVI!” Lavi looked over his shoulder quickly, and yelped in shock, ducking as the spiked ball just missed his head and attacked the akuma before him. He stood back up when he thought the coast was clear.