Chapter 16

Chapter 16

“Arcana…” Eliza whispered, doubt crossing every corner of her mind.

What? Are you that surprised to see me?” She ripped off the torn part of the dress and the sleeves of the top, making her look like a fighter in a war.

“…What are you doing here…? Why are you here?!” Eliza’s voice rose louder and louder. Her green eyes didn’t have any charisma in them, they were dead set with shock and disbelief.

“Hmph. Why don’t we save the little talk for later? Perhaps up into the heavens? NO. NOT HEAVEN. HELL! After all—” In a split second, that person was in front of Eliza, the nails of the hand gleaming with evil, ready to strike, “—you’re going to die.”

Eliza’s couldn’t track that person’s movements, they were all too fast. She couldn’t react in time. She was in shock since she’d seen that person’s face. She thought she’d died.

“ELIZA! MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!” Lavi jumped in, hoping that he would save her in the nick of time.

Allen and Lenalee stared at them. The Crown Clown user saw the other hand’s nails grow longer nad sharper, combing together to look like what seemed a sword made of the arm. He saw Lavi running in to Eliza. Jumping up, he left Lenalee. He was going to stop them. He had to. Or else they’d both die.

~

“Eh. Oh my. What the hell happened?” The blue one peered down, watching as the Mistress and the black haired lady engage in a somewhat one sided battle. He saw the red haired and white haired both jump in, trying to stop an attack. “Now that’s just useless.”

“Just let them try. Nothing is going to happen anyway. She’s truly something. I mean, not ‘she’…but ‘it’.” The pink akuma shrugged.

The red one laughed. “Yeah, yeah! ‘It’! Not ‘she’! Damn right.”

“I can’t believe the Earl actually thought of something like this!” The blue akuma whistled.

“Let’s watch them continue fighting like insects! Hahaha!”

~

Lenalee’s violet eyes couldn’t help but widen as a ball formed in her throat at seeing her friends. It happened in a split moment. Just like how that woman attacked Eliza with her nails, this time was exactly the same. That speed, the strength…she wasn’t an ordinary person.

How did Eliza know her? She mentioned her name as ‘Arcana’.

“ALLEN! LAVI! ELIZA!” Lenalee shouted as both Allen and Lavi were slashed by the nails and arm. She held her gasp as Arcana moved in to kill Eliza.

“No…Not her…” Lenalee lip’s trembled. “ELIZA!!!” She screamed.

~

“Oh damn. This is intense. I can’t believe the Mistress is actually doing this. What on earth is she, I mean, ‘it’, thinking?” The pink one sighed. “That person’s not fought others. Only stared.”

“I wonder what it wants. Seems like it’s only just warming up,” The red level 3 commented. “Let’s wait until it really goes all out. I can’t wait to see this.”

~

She moved with lightning speed. Eliza couldn’t think. She only had one thing running through her mind.

How was Arcana alive?

Arcana’s blade stopped  just 1mm away from the exorcist’s forehead. She wasn’t hesitating, meaning that she could kill her at any moment.

Eliza heard the light thumping on the ground as Lavi and Allen fell over from the deep slash given to by the one enemy standing in front of her.

“Why don’t you move? You could easily save your own life.” Arcana spoke, somewhat pissed and annoyed.

“I…” The words didn’t come out of her mouth. She truly did not know what to say.

“I what? You’re a disgrace. I taught you better than this,” She retracted her blade so that it was in front of her.

“B-But…” Eliza froze. What? There was something wrong. Something very wrong. “You taught me to be better than this? You, Arcana?” Eliza’s green eyes widened.

Arcana’s reply was a mixture of yes and no. It was both a male and female voice, but more distinct in highness and deepness.

Now Eliza knew. She knew exactly what was happening with Arcana. Why she was here. Why this happened. Why she sounded like 2 people.

She drew in a shaky breath. “You revived him, didn’t you?” Arcana looked on, tilting her head. “But how? How did you manage to get both of your souls into that body?”

Arcana covered her mouth with her blade, her eyes holding a smile.

“Alyster and Arcana!”

~

“Damn! This is getting really interesting!” The pink akuma lay down in the air, kicking his feet up like a kid.

“Who’s Alyster and Arcana?” The blue one asked.

The lighter colour turned his head over to the cooler colour akuma, an undeniable smirk on his features. “You weren’t here when this happened, were you? You were still a small little level 1. You’ll find out…soon.”

~

“Oh how nice of you to remember me.” The two voices echoed in Eliza’s head. “I can’t believe believe you’d actually kill me, Eliza…after all I did for you.”

“W-what?! Alyster! That’s not tr—” Eliza began.

“Shut up, you witch.” Arcana’s voice was louder and heavier. “How could you kill him? I can’t believe you, you stupid piece of shit! Can’t believe you’d kill him and go off with his research notes!”

“I-I…” Eliza was at a loss for words. She didn’t know it’d come to this. That was completely wrong.

“See? That explains it. You really were one big thorn. And I thought you were a nice girl. Oh, how wrong I was!” Arcana’s voice hissed.

Eliza’s gripped onto her Innocence so tight that her knuckles were white. Why couldn’t she understand anything?

“Stop it…” Lavi pushed himself up from the ground and held onto his Innocence, not caring about the blood flowing out of him.

“L-Lavi…” Eliza stuttered, watching in complete horror as the blood dripped quickly from his body and onto the ground. His face was pale and his eyes were pained, but he still moved. For Eliza.

“And what right do you have from me talking to someone I know?” They lifted their head up high, as if they were looking down on him. When they noticed that he didn’t reply, they twitched and had the urge to slash at him again, with full force. “I’LL KILL YOU!”

Lavi saw the blade move. His was probably going to die. He looked at Eliza’s direction. Her green eyes were full of worry, horror, fright and a mixture of all these other emotions.

Dammit…don’t have that look on your face…

He looked at Lenalee, who was trembling as she made her way hastily over to Allen, watching Lavi’s every move as she tended to Allen.

Why the hell am I even doing this…?

“NO! LAVI!” Eliza cried, reaching out to grab Arcana’s arm.

Eliza was sweeped under the legs and she fell, loosening her grip on the arm and thus making Arcana able to move again.

The clash of what seemed like metal was heard. It was a loud, screeching noise, with powerful blue and white sparks coming from it, signalling the power of the defence and attacker were both great.

Eliza got a good look at the man that had stopped the blow, knowing full well who it was. A sense of relief rushed through her veins.

“Kanda!”