Chapter 17

Chapter 17

“Kanda!” Eliza exclaimed, staring up at the long haired swordsman.

The clash of metals stopped and Arcana jumped back, cautious. Kanda held out his sword in front of him, standing in front of Lavi.

Who are you?” Arcana demanded.

 “You don’t need to know my name.” The dark haired swordsman glared.

“Hmph. You sound like you’ve got a stick shoved up your ass!” Arcana spoke in a sharp tone.

“Hah. Look who’s talking.” He spoke.

Almost as he did, a slash was given to Arcana and Alyster’s body from the front, a gush of blood coming out and spraying to the ground.

“Wah…” Arcana’s blue eyes widened and the body stumbled backwards, before balancing itself from the surprise attack, holding the wound and staring at the blood that had come out. Blue eyes looked up at Kanda, and her thin lips curled upwards, changing into a big and fanatic grin. She raised her hand up to her mouth and licked the blood, licking and smacking her lips afterwards.

Eliza felt ill in the stomach, feeling the aura of a maniac in front of her. This didn’t seem like Alyster; it was more like Arcana.

“Eliza. Get Lavi and stay back.” Kanda warned, eyeing Eliza.

She nodded immediately and moved quickly from near Arcana. She saw her move, and began to swipe at Eliza. Kanda’s sword was by Arcana’s throat in the next second, the shine blue and ready for cutting her down. Arcana’s eyes narrowed.

Eliza quickly made her way to Lavi, putting his arm around her shoulder and trying to move him to another place where she could treat his wounds. Once she got him a safe distance away, she heard him groan.

“Lavi!” She began. Quickly glancing to where Allen was, she saw that Lenalee was helping him up. It looked like he could fight. Eliza felt anxious. Lenalee was ready to fight, too. Kanda was completely on his target.

“Eliza…” Lavi started.

“Shut up! Don’t talk!” She snapped. She bit her lower lip, rushing to think of first aid to treat somebody. Quickly, she pulled his jacket off of him and looked at the shirt underneath, which was a basic t-shirt soaked in blood in the cut area. Pulling that shirt off of him, she squeezed that blood out and careful wrapped it around the wound, then taking her own jumper off and wrapping it around the already wrapped wound to hold it and to soak up more blood.

“There!” Eliza wiped the sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand. She checked Lavi’s temperature, and found that it was slowly getting colder, through the loss of blood. Her pulse quickened and she wished that they had already finished the mission. She didn’t want someone to die over something like this!

After all, he tried to protect her.

But ultimately failed.

~

“Wow bro. That was intense.” The pink one raised its arms and took a step back in the air.

“That guy with the sword just came in and saved the day. What nice timing he has.” The blue one sighed.

The dark red level 3 akuma felt a great presence behind him and turned around, along with the other 2. They immediately bowed with respect to that person floating on air just like them.

“Now, now, what do we have here?”

~

Are you an acquaintance of Eliza?” Arcana asked Kanda, eyeing the girl far behind him carrying the red head.

Kanda noticed that this person had the voices of each gender. He could feel the aura emitting from ‘her’, a dark one that resembled a Noah than an akuma.

“Acquaintance? See for yourself.”

“…What good sword skills you have. Is that Innocence?” It asked, changing the subject entirely.

Kanda’s dark eyes narrowed.

I guess it is! Ha! This is quite the fun I’ve had in ages!” Arcana mused. “Eliza’s Innocence is like yours, too! I had to make it so that it would work for her – you know, she’s such a fussy girl!” The male voice of the two was now more dominant, making the long haired exorcist raise suspicions.

“Make it?” Kanda questioned, feeling that there was more behind its words than just that.

“Yeah…that Innocence that she has right now—” Big hands clasped onto Arcana’s shoulders, and a big and long face with big teeth, glasses and a large hat appeared behind her.

Kanda tensed up, ready to fight.

“EARL!” Allen bellowed from behind.

The Earl turned its head around and looked at Allen, before quickly throwing Arcana over his shoulder and turning back to Kanda.

“They’ve told too much. They’ve had their fun.” The Millennium Earl spoke in a voice that was quite comical, yet held authority in it as the head of akuma and Noah.

Eliza felt the Earl’s stare at her from past Kanda. Her head began to throb and a pounding voice was imprinted into her head.

‘WE’LL COME BACK FOR YOU.’

She shiver went down her spine from the loud voice inside her head. The Earl had disappeared off somewhere hurriedly, taking Arcana along with him.

~

“Aw man. No more?” The pink akuma complained.

“No more.” The Earl replied.

The 5 of them disappeared from the sky, not glancing back at the damage that they’ve caused.

Akuma around the area disappeared along with the Earl, leaving the city like a ghost town, not a single soul there except for the few exorcists that had come to fight.

~

“Ugh…” Green eyes fluttered open slowly and stared straight at the blue sky, the weightless clouds drifting slowly above.

“Lavi? Lavi!” He heard a close voice nearby and searched to find the source.

It was Eliza.

“Eliza….?”

“Lavi! You idiot! I can’t believe you actually went in and tried to act like a hero! You moron!” She raged, clenching her fists.

Lavi didn’t respond; it was hard for him to with that gash on his body. He only stared at her.

“Sorry…”

“Sorry isn’t enough! You nearly died out there, you complete stupid reckless idiot!” Eliza frowned at him.

Lavi wondered how many times she was going to say ‘idiot’. Once was already enough for him to know that he was one.

“You’re so stupid…” A stray tear rolled down her cheek, dropping onto Lavi’s hand.

When she realized what had happened she stood up and quickly turned around, wiping her eyes as if there was a something in it. But it was only that tear that had come out – no others.

Lavi’s mouth opened a tiny bit, and his eyes tried to peer at Eliza’s face.

What was that…?

“Huh?” Eliza heard something, the sound of people running. She saw in the distance white uniforms that she recognized so well, knowing who they were immediately, “They’re here!” She said in relief.

Was she crying...just then?