Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Where-?” Alyster questioned as he glanced around, trying to find them. His eyes finally landed on Lulu’s figure, which was unmoving. She must’ve been unconscious.

The egg was glowing purple now, instead of the bluey glow from before. It alarmed Alyster, since he saw Eliza stab it with her sword – the marks that were cracking were beginning to become bigger cracks – until the whole egg had cracks in it.

He noticed that all the akuma had stopped attacking him, and were now attacking the egg instead.

What the…?” He knitted his brows together and observed, staying alert.

Why were the akuma attacking the egg?

He saw an akuma drop dead in its own pool of poisonous blood, before disappearing. He then saw another one. And another. Soon enough all of them had dropped dead and were now releasing the poisonous gas that they changed from blood to vapour.

After the akuma had disappeared, the akuma factory had started to peel off the shell, and it shattered just like glass.

The room was quiet.

Alyster’s eyes stared straight to where the egg once was. He saw nothing but a faint purple glow. Then, he heard footsteps. It echoed around the room.

He couldn’t see the face clearly, but the figure was of a woman, with the sides of her hair flowing behind her. It was only her silhouette that he could see – but the closer she got, the more features he recognised.

His blue eyes immediately widened. She was different – her aura was. Her shiny green eyes were replaced by a mixture of green and deep red – and half her face had black markings, almost looking like smoke had mixed with the side of her face. Her expression was clear yet dangerous – as if something had taken over her body.

“Are you an akuma?” She asked Alyster.

She stood in front of him, staring up, unmoving, her eyes penetrating through his own. He stared back, narrowed his big eyes.

I don’t think this is Eliza.

“…yeah. I am.” He replied in a calm and steady tone.

Eliza smiled, but Alyster felt chills going down his spine. A bead of seat rolled down the side of his cheek and he wiped it away, feeling confusion that he was sweating from nerves because of this one girl – whom he should know not to be scary.

They stared at each other for a short while, before the akuma broke the silence.

Who are you?”

“Hm? I’m Eliza.”

You’re not.”

There was an expression of surprise on her face, but that was gone in an instant, and instead, what masked her face was a sly smile, almost as if she was a cat.

“…And you would know, how?” She smiled at him.

He found himself taking a step back.

She took a step forward.

“Say…what would you do if I ordered you around?” She giggled.

You can’t.” He muttered.

“What was that? I didn’t quite hear it. Say it again.” She leaned in with her ear.

Alyster’s lips started to move on its own, speaking the two words that he had said before, “You can’t”, but louder. His eyes widened and he didn’t know what to think.