Chapter 26

Chapter 26

“IT’S OVER!” Allen and Lavi dealt the final blow to the blue akuma, causing it to dissipate into ash, just like the pink akuma did.

They panted and huffed – it was one of the hardest battles against akuma that they’ve ever had. Allen had shielded them countless times from the akuma’s special ability – one that allowed the akuma to use its own blood to create needles of akuma blood that penetrates the body and cause the body to rot from inside out. It was quite something – he was a parasitic Innocence user, meaning that he could get hit and still feel ok – no damages done.

“What an interesting bunch.” The red akuma took a few steps toward them.

They were all beaten and bruised from contact from both akuma. Yet they still stood up on shaking, tired legs just so that they could beat the red one.

“Please. You don’t stand a chance against me.” The akuma bellowed, amused at the humans.

“Gr…What makes you think that?!” Lavi snapped.

“I’ll kill you.” He said menacingly.

Lavi flinched and gulped.

The akuma let out a bark of laughter, “I’ll be going now. I’m to tell the Earl everything I saw here. Toodle-lee-dah!” The Ark doors opened up and it walked in.

Allen attacked the akuma, but didn’t make it in time as the door shut just as the attack came.

“Dammit!” He cursed underneath his breath.

“Are you guys alright?” Lenalee asked, concern tinted in her voice, “Where did you all hurt yourself?”

“My arm and the bruises, possibly a broken rib.” Eliza smiled stupidly, feeling the sudden pain right after the danger had gone by.

“I think I broke one as well…bruises too.” Lavi held his stomach.

Allen was fine, except for small cuts everywhere caused by the needles. Lenalee was ok as well, except for a few bruises. They didn’t get that many injuries.

“I think we should rest up.” Lenalee suggested. She looked around, finding that most of the beautiful scenery they once saw was now destroyed, with blood nearly everywhere. The water that had turned red had gone back to the original clear, bluey colour it once was.

“Should we find a doctor?” Eliza asked, “Why don’t we go and stay at an inn?”

“Oh…that could work too. Allen and I will go – you guys stay here and rest up a bit, ok?” Lenalee dragged Allen along, and they were off to find the exit.

It was just Lavi and Eliza now.

“So how bad did you think you did your rib?” Eliza pointed to his ribcage.

“I dunno…feels pretty bad. It hurts when I try to stretch, or anything along the lines of moving the torso. What about you?” He asked.

“Same…but only the part where it feels bad.” She frowned.

“What about that gash?” The red head pointed to her arm, “How’d that happen?”

“That happened by…an akuma slicing through it.” She picked out the right words.

“The pink one?”

“Yeah.”

“…can I have a look at it?” He asked.

Eliza blinked a few times – what did he just say?

“Why do you want to look at it?” She asked.