Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Eliza’s body slumped onto the ground, unmoving, but the small shallow breaths she took were ragged and painful.

Alyster’s hand dropped from Lavi’s mouth, rushing towards the female exorcist. He pulled her up, letting her back lean against his leg.

Some blood had come out from her eyes, as if she had been crying tears of blood.

Lavi struggled to walk over, but managed, ignoring the loss of blood from his leg and shoulder. He had to see Eliza.

“Eliza…?” He whispered, almost hoarsely.

As in response to Lavi, her arm moved to her head as her green eyes opened.

“Lavi…?” She spoke, almost inaudibly.

“Yeah…” He got onto his knees and held her hand, “You’re ok now.” He gave her a hopeless grin.

Eliza was silent, her eyes looking at his injuries. “How…did you get those…? Was it me…?” She felt like choking on the last sentence.

Lavi’s eyes widened, looking at Alyster. He didn’t know what to say.

“No—” He started.

“It was me, wasn’t it?!” She completely cut him off, hiding her eyes with her hand. Her voice had come back to her. “I saw. I saw it through her eyes. I saw what she did to you! But! She did it in my body, therefore making me the person that hurt you!” She was almost screaming at this point, but Lavi sat there, looking regretful.

“What’s there to be regretful about?” She asked. “You didn’t even do anything. I was the one that did everything.”

Her breathing was uneven and she felt like she couldn’t calm down. It felt like a bigger issue than it actually was. Was it the after effects of the akuma factory expanding her darkness?

She placed her hand to the ground, closing her eyes. She wanted to sleep. Exhaustion was taking its toll on her body. Just as she was about to drift off, she heard a few voices faintly, of people who she cared about.

“….sleep….let…”

Over…”

*****

“It’s over.” Lavi breathed a sigh of relief, looking at where the akuma factory once was. The shards were still there, but broken into pieces that were beyond repair.

Yeah. It’s…over.” Alyster said was sadness.

Lavi picked up on that, looking at him with curiosity. “Hm? Alyster? Are you ok?”

…Lavi, can I ask you for one last favour?

Lavi got the feeling that he didn’t like where this was going. He nodded.

“What was it?”

*****

Crystal green eyes opened to see a vast white ceiling. She could hear the scuffling of bed sheets and the hushed voices of nurses and groans of patients. She was in the hospital. How was she brought here? She was in the Noah’s Ark before, wasn’t she?

She craned her neck to her left and saw a mop of white hair. She looked to the right, to see a very grouchy Kanda, trying to take off bandages. He seemed to be fine, with only a few minor scratches here and there. He saw her looking at him.

“What?” He said. It didn’t even sound like a question.

“How is everyone?” She asked. Her voice came out clearer than she thought it would.