Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Allen, Lenalee, Lavi and Eliza ran into the city, the equipment type users readied their weapons as they felt a murderous intent from behind and in front. Simultaneous hisses were heard, sounding identical to that of snakes as they breezed past.

“Exorcists...you’ll make a nice meal.” A lady in a white dress walked up to the group as they were running to the centre of the town, along with a hoard of level 1 akuma, “Attack, my dear underlings!”

“What? Another army of akuma? This eats shit!” Eliza cursed, frowning as she enlarged her hammer and spike ball to attack. Holding onto the chain that connected the two, she flung it at the enemy, exorcising the first line of attack, “And what the hell is with ‘my dear underlings’?! That’s sounds so retarded!” The woman shouted to the unknown lady on the opposite end.

Twitching slightly, the lady in white clenched her fist but remained in composure. She shouldn’t do anything rash right now. She was under orders not to do so. Furrowing her eyebrows into a close knit, she pointed forwards, “Attack, dear underlings!”

Eliza glared at the woman, “She’s purposely doing this to annoy me, isn’t she?!” The dark haired female held onto one half of her Innocence and used the hammer, twirling it around her fingers before stamping it to the ground, and releasing an energy wave, paralysing the akuma within a 10 meter radius. This technique requires energy from its user to hold onto it for 10 seconds or so, before the akuma isn’t paralysed anymore, “Guys, this is your chance before more come!”

As easy as destroying level 1 akuma are, there were so many, it was literally a swarm, much like a circus with an audience, but triple that.

Lenalee gracefully kicked and jumped, expelling the akuma here and there with speed and elegance, much like a butterfly. Allen used his left arm to swipe at them, quickly killing them off. Eliza smashed them to pieces with her spike ball. Lavi, on the other hand, was hammering them down like one of those games where the player smashed down with a hammer, and records a high score to earn tickets.

Eliza’s technique wore off, much to the opposing lady’s delight, as her akuma continued to storm forward. Good thing was, was that the exorcists had taken out over half of the whole army of level 1’s. After all, they were easy prey, much unlike level 2’s, which were a slight bit harder.

Lenalee landed behind Eliza, leaning against their backs, as they breathed a bit heavier than normal.

“Lenalee, how’re you coping?” Eliza asked, eyeing the side of her green eyes.

“I’m fine. You should get the lady in white,” Lenalee kicked an incoming akuma, doing a flip in the air that almost seemed slow motion; “She’s probably an akuma too!”

Green eyes glanced toward the lady in white, “Lenalee, you get her! You’re faster than me, so it’s better! I’ll paralyse them for you!”

Landing perfectly, the Chinese exorcist nodded, “Alright! I’m going now!”

Taking in a lungful of air, Eliza smashed the hammer down onto the ground, releasing the paralysing energy waves yet again.

“Allen! Help Lenalee!” Eliza shouted.

Allen nodded, destroying one last akuma before running to Lenalee’s destination.

“Lavi, you’re helping me!” Eliza jumped up into the air and whipped the chain around as if it were a lasso, and threw it through a line of akuma. Each exploded with a bang.

~

Three level 3 akuma floated in the sky, staring down amusingly at the exorcists and their colleagues. They bickered and laughed at how God’s disciples had to battle the weaklings, and a whole army of them. It seemed to take them ages, as there were so many that had rolled in to join and attack.

“Oh. Look at that one. She’s going to attack the Mistress.” A metallic pink one pointed its sharp finger at a girl with twin tails, accelerating at high speed to get pass the akuma and to the Mistress, “Oh, look! Another one! Is that guy old?” Said finger changed direction and pointed to the white haired boy.

“What are they planning…?” The second one, an akuma with a blue shine and white armour tilted its head, its arms crossed as it pondered, completely ignoring the first akuma’s remark.

“…” The last one didn’t speak, only stared, as the sun shone on its dark red body. Its eyes were focused on the Innocence hammer duo that was left behind to destroy the weaklings, whilst the other two were going ahead for the Mistress.

“What did the Earl say again?” The pink one tapped its temple, before lighting up like a light bulb, “He said to ‘get rid of exorcists if they try to go attack my masterpiece’! That’s right! We’re supposed to be attacking them right about now!” It said cheerfully.

“Psh. I’m sitting back to watch. Let the level 1’s distract them. There’s level 2’s coming.” The akuma with the brilliant blue shine pointed to a large hoard of akuma coming from the opposite end of the town, recognizing that there was an exorcist battle, wanting to join, “See?” The other two shrugged and remained floating in the air, arms crossed.

~

Lavi panted, huffing in more oxygen to keep his body going. The more he moved, the harder it was to destroy the akuma. It was endless! Now that they’d finished with the level 1 akuma, level 2’s had just had to come along and join the party! It pissed them off.

“GO BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!” Eliza slammed the hammer down onto a level 2 akuma, knocking it down from its floating position and into the ground, before smashing the ball in replacement for the hammer. It vanquished with an explosion.

“They’re not going to stop!” She stressed, gripping her chain and handle tighter. She took a glance in Lavi’s direction, seeing how he was going. He had a few scratches here and there, but he seemed alright. On the other hand, she was covered with scratches, on her arms, legs and dirt and dust smeared at her face. It made her feel like she was back before Lavi and Bookman had found her.

~

Allen and Lenalee closed in on the woman in white, readying their Innocence. But, level 2 akuma had come in between them, so they had to fight. They weren’t that hard, which was good for the exorcists. With a kick here and a swing of a cape, they were gone, with the duo coming onto the lady again.

Allen took the first move; within 2 metres, he brought up his left hand and swung it down, making 5 claw marks in the form of power to go straight to where the woman was seated. Lenalee jumped into the air, exorcising the akuma that were above.

The lady in white didn’t move.

She didn’t even budge, or twitch.

Allen’s eyes widened as his attack made a powerful explosion, sending the ground’s concrete into the air in little blocks, along with a cloud of black dust. Glancing here and there, Allen couldn’t tell if he’d succeeded or not.

Slowly, the dust cleared up, revealing the immaculate white dress of the Lady, her arm held high, holding Lenalee by the neck.