Chapter Twelve 🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the twelveth chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Taliha's POV:Today is the day

Taliha's POV:
Today is the day...exams starts in a few hours.

I was arranging my hijab trying to look good for the day, I didn't want anything to go wrong on my first day. My mum comes in and says in a haste. "Tal, aren't you done yet?" "Almost mum." I responded still looking at the mirror.

When we arrived my school later on, I knew that it was time to go to class. "Don't worry you will be fine my dear, I will see you later." She said to me as I picked up my bag. I came out of the taxi staring at the large black gate of my school as the taxi drove away.

I recited silently;
'In the name of Allah, I have placed my trust in You, there is no might and no power except by You, oh Allah.'

-At-Tirmidhi 5/490, Abu Dawud 4/325

Since I was on an exam period, I had to stop writing my story and totally disconnect from the internet. I was only using my phone to hear audio Quranic verses and do research mainly for my studies. My mum didn't bother to take my phone away because I was disciplined in that aspect...on my own.

I held my bag tight as I walked into the university with the other students. I later got to my locker and noticed the tensed faces of the students, everyone wants to pass their courses today. I just kept a close watch on everyone.

As I walked through a narrow passage with rooms side by side, I noticed that a group of boys were doing something in a secret room. My steps slowed as I heard sounds of heavy blows like someone was been punched.

Through a narrow opening, I looked inside...they didn't even close the door shut.

The boys spread out, then I saw a boy in the center. He looked all weak and tired, they must have beaten him so much. His nose was bleeding and he couldn't walk properly, one of the guys clutched his collar and he held a cold stare at him. The surprising thing is he wore glasses, I gasped appalled while holding my glasses. Nerds always get bullied by stronger students just because we are weak.

"Why are you late to school huh? Don't you know that I have been waiting for you?" One growled and the nerd stammers.

"Wh-y are you guys bullying me? I told you that I can't help you."

"You don't have a choice young man, I need to pass this exam and you will help me...ok?" He stated with his eyes widen, the boy was terrified.

Maybe he is a brilliant student in this school and now he has to help a lazy guy because he doesn't know what to write in exams, so sad. Sometimes I am reminded of my past when I see these things.

Why are we nerds bullied just because of our knowledge?

Eventually, we would have no other choice than to help them against our wills.