Chapter Sixty-Two🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the sixty-two chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Taliha's POV:Once again, Arif and I were engaged in a wonderful conversation

Taliha's POV:
Once again, Arif and I were engaged in a wonderful conversation.

Peaceful and sweet. Inspiring and fun.

His idea about a little tea date was an uncomfortable event. Yet, he made it enjoyable in the end.

The fact that he gave me so much attention, his generosity towards me. Truly, they remained a mystery.

I start quivering with my head facing down. My mind is troubled internally.

Should he be concerned about me?
Doesn't he have a lady he is dating?

He happens to always show up when I'm in distress or in trouble. It's a good deed, highly appreciated. Likewise, it might be disturbing because I might cause a triangle in his love story. I didn't want to be entangled with his personal life.

Shortly, I face him while raising my eyebrow.

"Arif, are you single?"

His mouth goes numb instantly and I gaze away from him after a while.

The words were direct and may not be appealing to him.

Eventually, he clears his throat attempting to give a comeback as his eyebrow twitches.

"Y-es, but why do you ask?" He replied bluntly with a chuckle, "Do you want to date me?"

I chortle a laugh with a blank look.

Dating him was the last thing I wanted.

"Well uhm, you are a famous guy, Arif. I thought that you could be dating a girl from our school."

After hearing my statement, his smile fades off slowly until he shakes his head.

"Nah, only my buddies do that. I don't."

"Wow, really?" I remarked in amazement before placing my hands on the table.

At that point, the conversation was getting deeper and more interesting.

"So if you are looking for a wife, what characteristics of a girl would you prefer for marriage?"

Instantly, he blinks at me in shock before his shy face flushes away with a smile. In a nervous mood, he lets out a deep sigh while thinking of a reply. Then out of frustration, he groans before a short laugh and a corner eye at me.

"Well, not that there is a perfect lady in the world but..."

Unfortunately for him, his casual response to my statement had no basic meaning for me to understand. So I remained mute while waiting for a reply until he proceeded.

"Actually, she must be faithful, a lover of deen, someone with a pretty smile, supportive but a little energetic. Also, a knowledgeable, calm inspirer would be a bonus."