Chapter Seventy🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the seventh chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Arif's POV:

Arif's POV:

Tracing my steps through the labyrinthine hallways of my school, I rounded the corner and found myself face-to-face with my best buddy, Lucas

Tracing my steps through the labyrinthine hallways of my school, I rounded the corner and found myself face-to-face with my best buddy, Lucas. He was standing there, leaning against the wall, with his arms folded and a curious look on his face.

He hadn't seen me since yesterday, and it was clear he wanted to know where I had been.

"Heyyy there, buddy," I said with a fake laugh, hoping to ease the tension in the air.

But I knew it was no use - Lucas could see right through my ruse.

Instead of greeting me with a simple "Hi!" or "Hey there!", he shot me a questioning look and said, "So... where were you yesterday?"

"Listen, Lucas," I started, trying to get my words out before my anxiety took over. "I know you're upset, but I'm going to explain everything. Just please, hear me out." His expression softened slightly, and I could see that he was willing to listen.

All I had to do was tell him the truth.

"Speak," he mentioned softly with a scoff, "try to defend yourself as usual, Arif."

With my eyes scanning him like he was a detective, I licked my lips slowly.

"I am so sorry about yesterday," I began, taking a deep breath to calm my nerves. "I really wanted to make it to the location, but then I bumped into her." Lucas' expression remained stern, and he didn't say a word until he shook his head with a stern expression. I felt my heart pounding in my chest before raising my hands in the air, trying to stay calm, "What did you think I was talking about in my voice mail last night? I explained myself in it since I felt guilty."

I could feel my palms getting sweaty as I waited for his response. He looked at me with an inscrutable expression, and I realized that I had no idea how this conversation was going to go.

"So you are saying that you assisted Taliha in that lecturer's class?" He said, trying to make sense of what I'd just told him. For that fact he was no ordinary uni teacher, I whispered some words to correct him.