Chapter Fifty-Eight🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the Fifty-Eighth chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Taliha's POV:I started to remember the incident that happened at the chemistry laboratory, it led to Arif's disqualification when trying to complete his experiment

Taliha's POV:
I started to remember the incident that happened at the chemistry laboratory, it led to Arif's disqualification when trying to complete his experiment.

Meanwhile, my mind was on my experiment because I became lost in my thoughts. My partner and I were more focused on finishing the practical.

My partner, Nancy. She wasn't as perfect as expected.

Likewise, she was smart and witty but introverted like me.

So, we found it hard to communicate properly in every discussion.

After the duration of the practical was over, I had to exit the laboratory immediately.

That's when a thought popped in my head and Arif's name was the next thing I remembered.

I felt urged to confront him about our separation earlier.

The last time we glanced at each other during the practical was the only memory of him inside my head.

Where is Arif?
I didn't see him after he went to see Derrick.

Looking confused, I walked out of the laboratory with my eyes searching the outer area.

I couldn't see a trace or shadow of him, so I sighed feeling disappointed.

If only I knew that he got injured.

"Taliha!"

A voice interrupted and I turned back as Halimah walked towards me with an earnest look.

"Halimah? But, why are you here?"

"Taliha..." She mentioned breathlessly before a short pause, then she gaped at me, "Where is Arif? Do you know where he was taken?"

"Oh no, I don't. I'm actually looking for him too." I responded while shaking my head.

"Wait, taken? I don't understand..." I inquired after thinking about her statement carefully.

Her eyebrows furrowed, "Didn't you know what happened?"

I gazed at her terrified face but I still couldn't understand her facial expression.

"No, what happened to Arif?" I responded with a blank look.

"Acid touched Arif's hand, but I don't know where he is."

I gasped in shock with a palm over my mouth, "Oh blimey! La ilaha ilallahu..."

"I hope he is doing alright." I muttered after a short sigh, then she nodded in agreement.

"Yes, me too."

"Do you think that we should see him? Although, I don't think it's necessa---"

"Hey, that's a brilliant idea!" Halimah interrupted with excitement.