Chapter Fourty-Seven🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the fourty-seventh chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Taliha's POV:
As expected, Arif and I were doing our practical. At first, we had to rinse all our apparatus for the practical. He wanted to rinse the test tubes first using the tap water. Normally, we are to use distilled water, so I was disturbed.

"Wait!"

He pauses and faces me, "What?!"

His voice sounded a little harsh, I didn't know if I should answer further. But I did, eventually.

"You shouldn't use the tap water, there is distilled water in the water bottle."

He holds a confused look, "Wait, what?"

"Yes...don't you know that?" I said to him with a raised eyebrow.

That's actually the first thing a scientist must do in every experiment. I was astonished that he didn't know that. So he isn't a bloke with knowledge, after all.

"Oh...r-really." he stuttered with his eyebrow twitching, I am sure I had hit his weak point. So I folded my arms holding a surprised look, "So you don't know that? I thought you are a genius Mr Arif."

Correction...you were a former genius.

I said inside of me, I was disappointed at him.

"What do you mean huh?" He said to me while dropping the test tubes like he was irritated, "are you trying to say you are more knowledgeable than me just because you corrected me earlier?"

He shakes his head with a chuckle, "No sister, it doesn't work that way."

I froze instantly, He is still acting strong.?..so he won't admit that I am more knowledgeable than him.

"Anyways, since we are partners. It will be best if we avoid creating a scene because...we might just do that if we continue staying near each other." He added.

I sighed softly after hearing his statement. You really read my mind, if only there was a barrier between us...

Arif picks up the beakers and says, "And don't worry, I have some ideas we can use to do this experiment so we can finish up our practical on time."

I was surprised, Not bad...at least he will be in charge of taking records in the experiment.

"Okay, I need you to pour the distilled water for me."

I was taken aback, "What? Me?"

Literally, I was the only person available for the job so I have no choice than to do it.

"Yes...you. Since you are my partner, you will have to assist me in this."

I rolled my eyeballs with a sad sigh, Well, I have got no other choice than to obey...

I held a water bottle with distilled water inside, then I helped him to pouring water into the apparatus that needed to be clean. Suddenly, I poured the water onto his lab coat accidentally. So he froze and I gaped with my eyes on his coat.

"What was that for?" He asked me with his hands spread out.

I was mute, I didn't know what to say to him. At first, I wanted to laugh at him but I would just upset him even more.

"Well, I am sorry for that spill Arif." I apologized with a shrug, then he looks at me with a wince like he was still upset, "...although, it isn't a big deal."