Chapter Eighteen🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the eighteenth chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Taliha's POV:Later in the evening, my mum came into my room and saw me sitting on the swivel chair with my head on the table, I was super tired

Taliha's POV:
Later in the evening, my mum came into my room and saw me sitting on the swivel chair with my head on the table, I was super tired...I had to sleep for a while.

I turned to the direction she was and opened my eyes slowly, before seeing her coming towards me. I sat up immediately as she stands in front of me.

"Oh, hey mum."

"My dear, you are tired?"

"Uh-huh."

"I didn't mean to disturb you dear but...." She mentioned while sitting on my bed, then she raises the envelope I dropped for her earlier, for me to see.

"Oh...." I said with a slight smile, then I stretched my hands out with a yawn before sitting next to her.

"You left this in my room, right?"

"Yes, I did. It's for you, so I had to give you immediately."

"Well, it's a letter from home."

I knew it! I smiled.

"Grandma misses us, she sends her regards to you. She wrote the letter to specially wish me a happy birthday."

"Interesting, hope she is good as well."

"Yeah, she is."

Grandma is always good, sometimes she forgets that she is old and end up doing some things meant for the young ones. But grandpa is more like me, the logical one with a good sense of judgement. Always cracking old dad jokes.

With a sigh, I said, "I miss home mum, don't you?"

"Of course I do, I miss my parents and their nagging. At least it's fun having them around."

"Are we going to see them anytime soon?"

"Well, no. We can't...."

"But why mum? I mean I am free now...no exams anymore, so we can go back home."

"We moved here almost a year ago Taliha, we haven't even spent enough years here." She mentioned and I scoffed, I knew she wouldn't agree with it because of her work in UK.

"Besides, I have work to do here. We can't just leave this country like that."

I sighed without a word, I couldn't have a fight with her just because I want us to go home.

"Don't worry dear, we will surely go home. It's just that now is...a little early for that."

She assured me, with her hand on my shoulder.

Whatever you say mum, I really don't want to argue about it anymore.

I didn't want to force her into it because I understand the nature of her job, she doesn't even have time for herself.