Chapter Sixty-Three🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the Sixty-third chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Arif's POV:As I bid adieu to Taliha at her desired destination, I hit the accelerator and zoomed down the street with a sense of urgency

Arif's POV:
As I bid adieu to Taliha at her desired destination, I hit the accelerator and zoomed down the street with a sense of urgency.

My gaze was fixed on the road ahead, and my fingers were wrapped tightly around the steering wheel, ready for any obstacle that may come my way.

The thought of reaching home and calling Taliha again had me on the edge of my seat.

After all, I had promised to check up on her safety, and I took that responsibility very seriously.

To be honest, our tea date had been an absolute delight, and I couldn't wait to relive those moments over the phone.

As I pulled up in front of my garage, I slammed on the brakes, eager to get inside and make that call.

"Alhamdulillah Rabbil 'Alamin."

I murmured with a soft sigh after putting the car keys into my pocket.

I pack all of my belongings before opening the door to leave.

I shut the door behind me and take a few strides forward, craning my neck to catch a glimpse of my neighbor's window.

She's the nerdy girl next door who I've been dying to meet.

I'm not even sure if she still lives there, but I hope she does.

I stare at the dreary curtain that conceals her from my view, wondering why she won't step out so I can finally lay eyes on her.

Is it too much to ask?

Will she forever remain a figment of my imagination?

Despite my insecurities, I try to stay positive.

Maybe all we need is a little time. I remind myself to be patient and take a deep breath, hoping that one day soon, I'll finally get to meet the girl of my dreams.

The fact that my task remained unfulfilled left me feeling hurt and disheartened.

"Arif?"

A voice called out from a distance, and my attention was immediately drawn to the shadowy figure standing in front of me.

Behold, my brother was standing at the entrance holding a look of surprise.

My lips quiver, but no actual words spill out.

Then my eyes catch sight of the door he left open.

That's when I had something to say to him.

"Bruv," I spoke up while walking towards him slowly, "why is the door open?"

Oscar turns to catch a glimpse of the door and scoffs with a wry smile.

"Damn, I'm bloody sorry for that."