Chapter Fourty🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the Fourteenth chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Taliha's POV:It all starts with my exams commencing the next week

Taliha's POV:
It all starts with my exams commencing the next week. After I finished my morning prayer, I was making some Duas. I was more determined to give my best shot at the exams...starting today. I was reciting my Quran for a while until I sighted a particular verse, it was a verse I kept to my heart.

[Q29:45]
"Recite what is sent of the inspiration to thee and establish regular prayers. For prayers restrain from shameful and evil deeds. And remembrance of Allah is the greatest thing in life without doubt..."

The next hour, I was downstairs ready for school. Mum was coming from the kitchen with a jug in her hand until she stops at the dinning room. I was busy stirring my tea for a while now, I didn't even know that I was doing it. Mum notices this as she drops the jug onto the table, the steam from the spout was touching my face...the jug contains hot water.

"Dear? Aren't you eating?" Mum mentioned holding a worried look at me.

Her voice woke me up from my thoughts, so I faced her totally absent minded.

"Oh mum...did you say something?"

Mum becomes surprised, "didn't you hear a word I said?"

Inside of me, I held a sad sigh.

I am so sorry mum, I am just a little anxious about the exams.

Holding a blank look, "no, I didn't."

Mum sighs and sits near me with her gaze still on me. When this happens, just know that she feels that I have a problem.

"Taliha...is something wrong?"

My face always holds a blank look, I am an emotionless type of person.

I was quiet, I didn't say a word but I was biting my lip so hard. I didn't want to tell her anything.

"Come on dear, say something." Mum pleaded.

If not that mum holds an important place in my heart, I would have stayed quiet. Eventually, I turned to face her before I turned away again.

"Well, I just...feel a little nervous about today's exam."

The words I blurted made mum frown a little like she was disappointed.

"Nervous?" She scoffed. "Taliha, when did you start getting afraid of writing your exams?"

Mum's words left me dumbfounded, she was right.

One thing about me is that I am an independent individual who pride myself on autonomy. I don't always find the patience to really care much about having to fit into the expectations of others, it makes me uncomfortable. And I love being me.