Chapter Thirty-Eight🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the Thirty-eighth chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Taliha's POV:"If you want to leave, you can

Taliha's POV:
"If you want to leave, you can..."

Those words left me frozen, it felt like I had heard them before. To my surprise, I uttered out some words to complete the sentence.

"I remember everyone that leaves..."

Mrs Wilfred started looking at me with a blank look while mum was confused. The next minute, Hailey gapes in excitement after facing me.

"Oh blimey! You know Lilo and stitch?!"

The two mums faced her while I was still holding up a smile, but my eyeballs were in awry like an alien. I was imagining the whole movie in my mind like it's all real, at least I prefer the fictional life than the real world itself. I used to do like that when I was young but now, I managed to make my eyeballs stay still. Or should I call it idiosyncratic gaze patterns...

Mum found the statement Hailey stated very familiar until she also remembered the movie, then she looks at me to watch my reaction. My smile could tell that I was happy, she knows that it was my biggest smile so far...she was amazed.

"Well uhh, please don't mind what my daughter said." Mrs Wilfred laughed nervously at us while trying to put Hailey behind her.

Mum didn't want her to feel embarrassed so she says, "oh no Mrs Wilfred, it's alright. In fact, my daughter finds her appeasing."

Mrs Wilfred looks at me and still sees me holding up a smile with my fingers spread out. She finally feels calm and chuckles, she was glad that we weren't upset.

"Thank you so much..." She smiled, "well, I have to call a waiter to attend to you two."

"So...just give me a minute."

With her final words, she took her leave and pulled her daughter along with her. Hailey wasn't ready to leave yet because she wanted to know me better. Since I knew the movie, It would be nice if we knew each other. Immediately she left, the sounds from the movie started to fade. And so did my virtual memories of the movie in my mind...it vanished. I snapped back into the real world and I couldn't help but feel sad as my face held a grimace.

Huh...but where...where is the sound I was hearing?

I turned to the right and I caught a slight glance of Hailey being pulled away by her mum.

Hey! Where is she taking her to?

For some reasons, I wanted to watch the movie. I had tried to control my attachment to that movie for many years and now it has been triggered. I hate it when that happens...

I must...go after that girl right now!

I stood up immediately and mum who was busy texting someone with her phone saw me, and she became confused.