Chapter Sixty-Nine 🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the Sixty-ninth chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Taliha's POV:I watch as Arif rushes toward me, he and the lecturer part ways after the brief conversation outside

Taliha's POV:
I watch as Arif rushes toward me, he and the lecturer part ways after the brief conversation outside. The rest of the class looking on, curious about what is going on. My lips quiver, and I struggle to find the words to answer him. Arif's eyes are full of concern, and I know he could see the turmoil I was feeling inside.

As the lecturer walks by, I catch a glimpse of his stern expression, his eyes fixed on me. I feel a wave of fear and apprehension wash over me, and I force myself to nod at Arif.

"I'm fine," I said, my voice trembling. But I knew he could see right through me.

"Don't worry, I'm here for you."

"Just do your practical with Mr Gilbert very well, alright?" He requested with concern in his tone.

I couldn't help but feel a little bit of relief when Arif reassured me that he was there for me. I knew he was a kind and caring person, and it was a comfort to know that I had his support. But I can't help but feel a little curious when he mentioned Mr. Gilbert. I only met the man once, but I know he is a stern and serious person.

"You know him?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed. "How?"

Arif smiles, and I could see a hint of mischief in his eyes. "It's a long story," he said.

Arif's words are like a punch in the gut, and I could feel my heart racing. I don't want him to get involved in my troubles with Mr. Gilbert, but I know he is just trying to help.

I bit my lip, unsure of how to respond.

"I... I don't know," I stammered, my voice trembling.

"I just... I don't want you to get into trouble because of me."

Arif shakes his head, his expression firm. "I don't care about that," he said. "I just want to help you, no matter what."

Arif's words strike a chord within me, and I feel a sudden rush of emotion. I look up at him, our eyes locking for a moment. There is something in his gaze, a hint of understanding and compassion.

"Like I said before, I'm fine." He reassured in a slow tone, "you are aware that I am declaring my words because I am being honest."

He spoke with such confidence and conviction, it was impossible not to believe him.

"But tell me something Tal, why didn't you tell me that you bumped into Mr Gilbert?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, "That's why he is punishing you."

I could feel his gaze burning into me, but I couldn't bring myself to meet his eyes. I knew he was waiting for an answer, but I just couldn't find the words. I was lost in my own thoughts, trapped in a spiral of doubt and confusion.