Chapter Thirty🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the thirteenth chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Taliha's POV:Halimah and I were still under the tree as she decided to speak to the sport committees in charge of the DCSST

Taliha's POV:
Halimah and I were still under the tree as she decided to speak to the sport committees in charge of the DCSST. I have to stop her from withdrawing her name from the selected players of the game. As she took one step forward, I was already in shock. She was serious after all.

I can't let her leave here, I have to stop her....

"Halimah!"

I shouted before she took another step forward, then she paused. She turns back to face me, then I stood up to speak to her clearly.

"Why did you stop me Taliha?"

I sighed for a while as I glanced at the people who secretly stared at us from afar. I wasn't good with people, so I was starting to freak out gradually.

"I....."

"I want you to play the volleyball game."

She gapes with a raised eyebrow, "Are you crazy?" "You want me to disappoint them with my terrible volleyball skills?"

I was mute like the words were heavy in my mouth to say, then Halimah sighs turning her face away from me. Halimah and I decided to head to the cafe to eat lunch. I felt relieved after leaving the field, it felt choky with those students there. Their eyes were piercing through my body and slowly killing me. I had to leave there at the last minute. As we walked towards the cafe, I was staring at Halimah ever since we left the field. I haven't answered her question yet. I was trying to avoid conflict at all cost, so I decided to go straight to the part of helping her.

"I want you to play the volleyball game Halimah...." I uttered softly but Halimah didn't respond as we walked through the hallway, so I continued.

"And Don't worry.....I will help you Halimah to win the competition, I will train you." I stated with a slight smile, then her steps slowed after my statement. I too made a stop near her before she faces me with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Are you kidding me Taliha?" She scoffed and I didn't respond to her statement afterwards, that's when she knew that I was serious about it.

"Wait, you are serious?"

"How can I be joking about something like this?"

"Oh wow, thank you so much Taliha. You really are a true friend."

I chuckled softly. "Duh, why won't I help you?"

With that, Halimah embraced me with a sweet beam. I wasn't good with emotions but I just smiled as well. My hands were moving up trying to hold her as she hugged me but they were too difficult to glue to her body. I was struggling with it until I gave up and dropped my hands. "Thank you so much Taliha." She finally lets go of me after some minutes, I was feeling better after she pulled away.