ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʀᴇᴀᴋ ɢᴀᴍᴇ | 6

"You need to collaborate with someone", the teacher sighed as she ordered you.

"Well, if it isn't Steve Harrington, finally decided to show up, hm?" the teacher says as the door to the classroom fully opened.

Steve adds, "yeah, yeah."

"Mr. Harrington, let's go! You have the option of choosing Jason, Eddie, or y/n because we're working on a partnered project," the teacher explains.

Steve makes a baffled noise as he turns to consider his choices. He looks you in the eye and then to your teacher in the other direction. Steve and Eddie make eye contact, as does Jason.

Steve responds, "I'll go with y/n."

You begin to feel a little uneasy because you haven't really spoken to Steve before and because you are aware that none of you will actually complete the work. However, Eddie was looking down at Steve with jealousy visible in his big, brown eyes. You felt eyes staring down at your hourglass form as you turned around, and you met his eyes. Eddie touched his inner cheek with his tongue and departed his eye-contact away from you.

----------------------------------------------

Since the desks were joined together, two people could sit next to you. Steve got up and walked over to you. Still feeling bad for bumping into him before, you cracked a small smile at Steve. You could still sense someone watching you as the teacher explained the project, but you made every effort to ignore it. You knew for sure that you weren't doing anything because this project was so ridiculous. But this was your favorite subject. Steve gets up to your ear and says something funny about your teacher just as you were ending your thoughts. You start to laugh a little at Steve's stupidity. When your laughter stopped, all you could hear was a light imitation of it. You turned your head in response to the noise and saw Eddie glaring at you with total disdain. You were still filled with anxiety after last night, but you still wanted to wreck his shit. 

You were only made angrier by his mockery. You felt a tap on your shoulder as you were staring at him with squinted, utterly hateful eyes. Steve was staring at you when you turned around.
"I would ignore him if I were you. No need to waste your time; he has the most cynical eyes", Steve gave you assurances.

You nod in agreement, believing him to be entirely correct.

"Plus, Cunningham, he has a slight crush on you and there's always something to irritate him", he says as he grabs the pencil and uses the eraser tip to poke your nose.

Considering you thought Steve's statement was absolutely ridiculous, you laughed at him.

"What does it matter if Munson liked me? What could I possibly do to upset him? Nothing whatsoever", you state to Steve.
In a passing gesture of interest, Steve gets up from his chair slightly adjusting his posture." See, that's where you're wrong", he says as he bangs the pencil against the desk table like a drumstick. 

Steve notices your amused grin as you state to him: "Oh yeah, smart guy? How could I annoy him?"

Steve gives you a knowing grin as his mind begins to consider something. To look at you, he leaned into his palm and gradually began to place his elbow on the desk table.

Steve replies, "Me, duh."

As your eyes move to the desk when Steve responds, you start to giggle because you can't help it. After a nice laugh, you looked up at him when you realized he wasn't laughing.
You query Steve, "Oh, you're serious?"

Steve smiles and nods at you. He then turns to face the teacher, who is busy grading papers as the other students work on the project.
You question Steve, "How?"