Chapter 53: The Accords

Evander's Pov

(New York)

(One Week Later)

It's been a whole week since the Lagos accident as the whole team was taking it slowly but for Wanda she took it the most as the people viewed her as a villain and she blames herself. I walked into our room as I saw her watching tv as they was talking about Wanda, I popped a stinger and stabbed the tv.

Wanda: Guts.

Evander: *sighs* Sorry.

Wanda: It's all my fault.

Evander: Hey it wasn't your fault.

Wanda: They were being very specific until you spiked our tv.

Evander: *sits next to her* Hey what we do....*breaths in and out*..we try our very best on saving innocent people. But there are times where we couldn't save enough of them. Even if you want to save them all you can't, and we need to live with that. Because if we don't we will save nobody.

I pulled her into a hug and kissed her cheek, and she hugs back and soon enough Vision phased through the wall.

Wanda: Vis! We talked about this.

Evander: Bruh come on man. Do we have to go through this everyday?

Vision: I'm very sorry I will use the door for now on. Captain Rogers wanted Mr. Axe to know when Mr. Stark would be arriving.

Evander: Oh alright. Thanks we'll be right down.

Vision: I'll use the door now. *uses the door* Oh, and apparently he brought a guest.

Evander: Who?

Vision: The Secretary of State. *walks out*

Evander: *sighing* That asshole. *saw Wanda looked worried* What's wrong?

Wanda: What if he's here to arrest me for what happened?

Evander: I'm not going to let him do that.

Wanda: But what if?

Evander: *holds her head* Hey hey, I won't let him lay a finger on you. Alright I'm here for you.

After I said that we started making our way downstairs. Soon all of us where sitting down as Ross was going over how man y people see the avengers as a threat given the amount of people had died from our fights. He then tells us about the Sokovia accords and how the avengers will answered by the UN panels.

Natasha: And if we come to a decision you don't like?

Ross: Then you retire. *leaves*

(Two Hours Later)

After Ross had left we are in the main room talking about on what to do about the accords.

Rhodey: Secretary Ross has a medal of honor, which is one more than you have.

Sam: So let's say we agree to this. How long is it gonna be before they low jack us like a bunch of common criminals.

Rhodey: One hundred and seventeen countries want to go sign this. One hundred and seventeen Sam and your just like, 'No, that's cool. We got it.'

Evander: The bloody fuck Rhodes? How long are you going to play both damn sides?

Rhodey: *was about to say something*

Vision: I have an equation.

Sam: Oh well, this'll clear it up.

Vision went on to explain the strength and abilities we all have as it brings conflict that which turns into chaos.

Rhodey: Boom.

Sam: *shakes his head*

Evander: *faceplams and groans*

Natasha: *looks at Tony* Tony, your being uncharacteristcally non-hyper-verbal.

Steve: it's because he already made up his mind.

Tony: Oh, you know me so well. I'm actually nursing a headache. That's all Cap, pain and discomfort. *shows us a picture of a man* Oh that's Charles Spencer by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree, 3.6 GPA and had a floor level gig at Intel Planned for the fall. But first he wanted put a few miles on his soul, before he parked it behind a desk. See the world, maybe be of service. Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas or Amsterdam like I would have wanted to do. He decided to spend his summer building sustainable housing for people oh, in guess where, in Sokovia.

We all realized that Charles was there on that day when we fought Ultron.

Tony: He wanted to make a difference I suppose but we'll never know as we dropped a building on him while we were kicking ass. There's no decision process making here. We need to put in check and whatever from that takes I'm game. If we can accept the limitations, if we're boundaryless than we're no better than the bad guys.

Steve: Tony, if someone dies on your watch you don't give up.

Tony: Who says we're giving up?

Steve: We are if we're not taking responsibility for our actions. This document just shifts the blame.

Rhodey: I'm sorry Steve, but that's dangerously arrogant. This is the UN we're talking about. It's not S.H.I.E.L.D., it's not HYDRA. 

Evander: Well no shit, but this is from people with agendas and they will always bloody freaking change.

Tony: That's good. When I found out my weapon were capable of in the wrong hands, I shut it down and stopped manufacturing.

Evander: *looks at him* But that was 'your' chose Tony. If we sign this we will lose our rights.

Steve: Evander is right, what if the panel sends us somewhere we don't wanna go? What if that's somewhere we need to go and they don't let us go? We may not be perfect but the safest hands our still our own.

Evander: Exactly.

Tony: If we don't do this now, it's gonna be done for us later on.

Wanda: You mean they'd come for me?

Evander: Over my god damn body.

Wanda: Evander no.

Pietro: I'm not letting that happen either.

Natasha: Maybe Tony is right.

Evander: *looks at her* Am I dreaming? Cause I don't believe this.

Natasha: I'm reading the terrian Evander.

Sam: Aren't you the woman who told the government to kiss her ass a couple of years back?

Evander: *looks at Eve* What about you Eve?

Eve: For once I agree with Tony.

Evander: I call bullshit.

Eve: Guts, we need to sign this to gain the people's trust back. This will really help all of us in the way Tony is speaking.

Evander: It bloody won't and I know that too damn well.

Natasha: Eve's right. Maybe this is how we earn the people's trust back.

Tony: Hold on, I coulda sworn you just agreed with me.

Natasha: Oh believe me. Now I wanna take it back.

Tony: No no. You can't take it back. Case closed, I win.

Evander: *sighing and looks at Pietro* What about you.

Pietro: I'm not signing it.

Eve: What? Babe it's how we earned their trust back.

Pietro: I don't care. I rather be a criminal than losing my rights to the damn government.

Then everyone started arguing as Steve stand up and left. Soon they went back to arguing I couldn't hold my rage in I punched the table breaking it as I got up and started to leave.

Wanda: Guts, where are you going?

Evander: Just can't stand the bullshit people are saying. *glaring at Tony and Eve* I just need to calm down before my powers act up. *leaves*