𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝐴𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝐵𝑒 𝐻𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝐹𝑜𝑟 𝑌𝑜𝑢

"You can't deny your feelings, Harrington." Robin spoke in a singing tone.

"There's no feelings, now turn the song off." Steve went back behind the counter.

"Oh really? No feelings? Then how did you 'think out loud' calling him breathtaking?" The short haired girl stood on the other side of the counter. She had realized how stressed Steve was about this and sighed. "Listen, I'm not gonna judge you. You're my best friend, plus I'd be a hypocrite because I'm lesbian. If you are still trying to figure out your feelings for him, I could help. But if you need space, just tell me." She grabbed onto one of his hands and looked into his eyes.

It really calmed Steve down. "I just don't know how to explain it. I never get flustered by anyone. And the way he looks at me doesn't help either. It makes me so scared but so comfortable. Like, he gives me this warm feeling but I'm scared of it. I haven't felt this way since Nancy, Robin." Tears started to fill his eyes. Robin jumped to the other side of the counter to pull Steve into a hug.

"It'll be okay, alright? I know it's scary, I get it. It's a really scary thing to feel especially in the eighties. I'll always be here for you though. Always." Robin softly rubbed Steve's back into the hug. "How about we close early, alright?" She pulled apart the hug, placing her hands on his shoulders.

Steve just nodded in response. "Thank you, Rob." He smiled lightly, wiping the tears off his face.

❥︎

"Oh come on, how do you not like Top Gun?" Robin chuckled as she shoved popcorn in her mouth.

Steve and Robin went back to her house to relax and watch some movies. It felt relieving not talking about Eddie for a while.

"It's just not a good movie, alright." Steve shrugged while sitting back on the couch.

"We're watching it anyways. I don't care what you say." She rolled her eyes, putting the tape into the slot. She walk back over to the couch, sitting next to Steve.

"Fine, only because I can't protest." He let our a chuckle while grabbing some popcorn.

A couple hours went bye and it started to get dark. Robin had fallen asleep on Steve's shoulder as he still watched the movie. It was almost over so he lightly shook Robin.

"Rob, hey?" Steve whispered trying to wake her up. "Robin."

"What?" She groaned while sitting up. She rubbed her eyes with a yawn.

"I gotta get going, it's late and we have school tomorrow." Steve stretched while still sitting down.

"Stay for like five more minutes, you're a good pillow." Robin laid her back against Steve's side, closing her eyes again.

Steve just rolled his eyes and stood up quickly, causing Robin to fall backwards. It made both burst out laughing.

"Seriously, I need to get going. I didn't sleep at all last night." Steve turned to look at the clock as it read 9:05pm. "Shit! Okay, uh, bye! See you tomorrow. I forgot I had something to do." He quickly hugged Robin. He threw on his jacket, stumbling out the door, trying to put his shoes on.

"Wait, what did you have to do?" Robin shouted but was too late as Steve slammed the front door. "Okay, nevermind, dingus." She scoffed to herself.

Steve kept dropping his keys as he tried to start his car. He was shaking so bad that he had forgotten to meet with Eddie. He didn't want to but he knows Eddie wouldn't leave him alone about it all week.