𝑅𝑒𝑑 𝐸𝑦𝑒𝑠.

Steve woke up to the trailer door shutting. It was still bright outside so he knew he didn't nap for that long. He sat up from the floor, yawning and rubbing his eyes. He looked back on the couch and Eddie wasn't there anymore.

Steve stood up and walked out of the trailer. He was greeted with Eddie smoking a cigarette at the bottom step.

"How long have you been awake for?" Steve asked in his groggy voice as he sat down next to Eddie. He reached for the cigarette and took a hit.

"For half an hour now. I have the worst fucking headache." Eddie chuckled while shaking his head. Steve passed the cigarette back to Eddie.

They sat in silence for a bit just passing back the cigarette. They enjoyed the silence of each other's company.

"Oh and uhm, I was also kicked out of my house. I came to tell you that but you were shit faced so." Steve laid his head on Eddie's shoulder with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Shit, I'm so sorry. Was it because of me? If it was I will literally do anything to make it u-" Eddie was cut short of his rambling as Steve laughed.

"Eddie, it's fine. I was trying to get away from that hell hole anyways. All my clothes are in the trunk of my car. Along with your clothes in a different bag." Steve closed his eyes as Eddie wrapped his arm around the latter's waist, pulling Steve closer.

"You can stay here if you want. I'm sure Uncle Wayne wouldn't mind." Eddie kissed the top of Steve's head then went back to looking out infront of them.

Steve let out a light sigh and shook his head. "I can't, it wouldn't be fair to depend on you guys for food and shit."

Eddie bit his bottom lip as he pulled his arm away from Steve. "Steve, I really don't mind. I just want you to have a roof over your head." Eddie turned towards Steve with a weak smile. Steve just realized Eddie was wearing sunglasses.

"You look so stupid with sunglasses." Steve laughed out and held onto his stomach from laughing so hard.

"Haha, very funny. I'm sorry that I have a throbbing headache." Eddie rolled his eyes and pushed Steve away, playfully. "Let's go back inside, it's kinda chilly out right now." Eddie stood up and reached his hand out for Steve's to take.

They walked back inside, hand in hand. "Also thank you for cleaning up my room." Eddie turned to Steve and now held both of his hands. He walked them into his room and closed the door.

"You're welcome. I just didn't want you to be so stressed." Steve smiled and laid down on Eddie's bed. Eddie joined him as they stared at the ceiling.

They stayed quiet until Steve placed his head onto Eddie's chest. Eddie's heart started racing which made Steve chuckle.

"Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you." Steve sat up and put his back against the headboard. "I see that nap sobered you up a little."

Eddie just nodded as he was still laying down. "I have a horrible headache though." He chuckled as he sat up and turned to sit in front of Steve.

"You need to shower, you smell like shit." Steve laughed as he lightly pushed Eddie's arm.

"You don't like my natural scent?" Eddie pouted his lip and stood up. He looked through his drawers for a change of clothes to shower.

Steve scoffed as he rolled his eyes. "If you think smelling like weed, alcohol, and body oder is your natural scent, you need help." He picked at the skin on his fingers then looked back over at Eddie.

"You're right, I do need help..." Eddie trailed off while looking down at the floor. "Help with taking off theres bandages." He smiled while taking his shirt off and throwing it at Steve.