Mistletoe. (BONUS)

Sunday, December 25th, 1988
5:47am
Steve and Eddie's house

Steve was always the first to wake up, but for today he woke up earlier than usual. Not just because it's Christmas. It's also because Steve's mom, Uncle Wayne, the kids, Robin and Vickie are coming. He had to get up early enough to start dinner, make sure the gifts were all in place, and make sure the house was spotless.

Steve groaned as he felt Apollo laying on his legs. He sat up, trying his best to push the spoiled dog off. "Apollo, get off." Steve whispered when he finally got the Pit off of him.

Just as he went to get up, Eddie wrapped his arms around Steve's waist. "Stay, five more minutes." Eddie's voice was muffled by Steve's back.

"Eddie, I have to make sure the house looks fine and doesn't smell like weed. Jeff, Gareth and you were all smoking last night in the garage while practicing." Steve rambled while talking with his hands. "The smell went though the whole house, babe." He grabbed his glasses off the bedside table and pushed Eddie's hands off of him.

"I'm sorry." Eddie rubbed his eyes with a yawn. "You look so hot in glasses."

Steve turned back to Eddie with a smile. "Thank the people who gave me black eyes over and over again." He left the room and was immediately met with the smell of weed from last night.

Once more, he groaned as he search for the lighter to light candles. Apollo followed right behind him, whining at the back door. "Bud, there's a foot of snow outside. I can't let you out right now."

"I'll shovel," Eddie's voice made Steve jump. "You focus on what you need to do, I'll go shovel to get that out your way."

Steve softly smile as Eddie kissed his cheek. "Thank you, and where's the li-" He was cut off by Eddie placing the lighter in hand. "Thank you."

"I love you!" Eddie spoke loudly as he walked back to their room to change.

"Love you too!" Steve grabbed pine scented candles and lit them. Placing one in the kitchen and two in the living room.

Steve already had his whole day planned out. Clean, start dinner, everyone comes, they sit and talk, open gifts, then eat. If one thing went wrong, for him, it would he a disaster. And plus, his mom is coming.

He had gotten a letter in the mail saying that his parents had divorced and all Steve's dad's money was being sent to him. Which was weird because why would his dad's money be given to him unless he died?

A knock on the door scared Steve as he was getting all the food out on the counter. "Eddie can y...he's shoveling." Steve groaned as he went to open the door.

Opening the door, Mike, Will, Dustin, Robin and Vickie all stood infront of him. "You gonna let us in?" Mike asked as he held Will's hand.

Steve stepped aside, still confused. "Why are you guys here so early?" He closed the door behind them and locked it. "And where's Lucas and Max?"

"Lucas and Max wouldn't wake up and we came to help you. Eddie didn't want you stressed out like you were on Thanksgiving. We are such good friends, aren't we?" Dustin smiled as he looked at the others.

Steve looked out the back window to watch Eddie slip on ice and held back a laugh. "Thank you, guys. I guess you could help me sweep and Robin can help me start dinner."

"Steve, it's six in the morning. Why would you start dinner?" Robin let out a scoff as everyone fell silent.

"My mom's coming over, I need everything to be perfect. Now come on." Steve pulled Robin into the kitchen to help him start to prepare.

~Time Skip~

T

hey were all dressed and ready, waiting for Steve's mom to show. Max, Lucas and Uncle Wayne was here before Steve's mom came so Steve was freaking out.

He paced around his bedroom as Eddie sat at the foot of the bed. "Babe, I assure you, she's probably just stuck in traffic." Eddie spoke in a soft tone to calm Steve down.

"You don't understand, Eddie, you haven't been her kid for over twenty years. She probably just flaked like she always did." Steve frustratedly pushed the hair out of his face with a groan. "I just wanted tonight to be pe-"

A loud knock rung through the house, making Steve snapped his head. He ran out the bedroom, not even waiting for Eddie. As everyone sat in the living room, looking at Steve, waiting in anticipation for him to open the door. Eddie finally caught upto him, standing behind him for support.

Steve took a loud, deep breath before opening the door. He looked up and met eye to eye with his mother, smiling brightly. She has four small wrapped gifts in her hands that were covered by red mittens.

"Merry Christmas, Stevie." She held her arms out and pulled the shocked Steve into a hug. Steve slowly put her arms around her. He closed his eyes, taking in her flowery scent and warm embrace.

Eddie closed the door as the two stepped inside. "Merry Christmas, Ms. Har-"

"Oh, Eddie! You've been treating my son right?" She kissed Eddie on the cheek and handed him two of the wrapped gifts. "Your hair is a lot longer than last time."

The group sat quiet, looking back and forth. Uncle Wayne decided to get up and greet her with a warm smile. "Merry Christmas, Ms. Harrington. I'm Way-"

"I know you, Wayne. No need for an introduction." She smiled as she lightly shook his hand.

Uncle Wayne, nodded before sitting back down. "Are you gonna join us on the couch?"

"Yeah, let's all watch a movie and open gifts." Steve spoke as he quickly whipped away the tears from under his eyes.

Max cut in. "Not so fast, you and Munson are under the mistletoe."

"You're so immature, M-" Steve was cut off once more by Eddie pulling him into a kiss. A hand around Steve's waist and the other on the side of his face.

Pulling away, the only words that were spoken was a simple; "Merry Christmas."

A/N
Okay I lied last chapter, I'm gonna make a Valentines day chapter too 😭 I'm so sorry this is late, when I tell you I just started to write this today. I hope you enjoy as a late Christmas present. Love ya, merry Christmas and happy holidays if you don't celebrate<3