Wings

Peter is Tony's adopted son (single dad). Everyone is born with wings that tell something about their past, present or future. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Peter's POV.

I was sitting in the living room watching TV while everyone was getting ready to help clean each other's wings. Everyone's wings were about their recent past. It was all good things, like Clints was about him starting his family and having 3 kids. Bruce was finding a cure to cancer, Dad's was meeting and adopting me. Everyone had their wings out unless they were fighting. I was the only one that didn't keep their wings out. 

Nobody really minded that I didn't bring my wings out. I think most of them think I just don't like the feeling of them out. S nobody ever questioned it. I was glad for that to. 

My wings showed my past. Something I want to forget. My entire childhood up until I was 10 was spent with HYDRA. I was experimented on, and mind washed. Like Bucky but I was only a kid when it started so I knew nothing else but that life. It made it easy for them because I had no real want to escape. I thought everywhere was like that, some places maybe even worse, so I stayed. Until Bucky was free of the mind control and escaped with me. 

He had to leave me in an orphanage, so I wasn't in as much danger. I don't blame him. I wouldn't want a ten-year-old holding me down when I finally got to meet up with a friend. The lucky thing is that since he's now free from the mind control completely, he doesn't remember much from when he was brain washed. That includes escaping with me and leaving me. This is good because in my past I never knew how to hide my wings, so they were always out, always on display. 

That was until I was 11 when the lady at the orphanage helped me hide them. It was one of the best days in my life. I could finally make some friends without them being scared of what my wings meant. Thats when I met Ned. He's still my best friend to this day and has never made me show my wings unless I was comfortable. He also helps me with Spider-manning and keeping it from my family. 

The happiest time in my life was when my dad adopted me at age 12. He offered me warm and safe arms. He brought me to his home and paid to transfer me and Ned to a new school to keep me from getting bullied since everyone knew what my wings looked like. Ned's parents were so happy they tried to repay dad. I reminded me about what an amazing dad I have. 

I was brought out of my thoughts of the good memories by Uncle Steve.

"Hey Pete want to join us?" He asks. 

I think for a moment, I have been hiding them for 4 years now, I think it's time I show them. 

I take a deep breath, "Yea, sure" 

Everyone looks at me with wide eyes, I had always declined their offers.

"REALLY?" Clint asks. 

I nod taking my wings out. I look down not wanting to face their stares.

We sat in silence for a few moments before I felt aa pair of arms wrap around me

We sat in silence for a few moments before I felt aa pair of arms wrap around me. I look up to see dad crying hugging me tightly. I hug him back burying my head in his shoulder. 

"I'm so sorry" dad whispers.

"It's okay dad it's all in the past." I say and he moves to look at me. 

"I know." 

"Could we know your past? It's okay if you don't want to tell us but it might help you move on from it." Nat suggest.

"Yea... Your right." I pause, "I was born in HYDRA. I lived there being experimented on until I was 10 and Bucky dragged me out with him. He had left me at an orphanage, so I wasn't in as much danger. At the time I didn't really get it and was scared. I was in HYDRA my whole life. I didn't know anything different. But I'm glad Bucky did. When I got to the orphanage everyone ran from me. They called me names and called me cursed. It was a miserable 2 months, until the caretaker noticed. By that time, I was eleven and they had taught me to hide my wings, they also grounded everyone for a week as a punishment for bullying. It didn't stop them though. They just started doing it at school and outside the orphanage. But it was nice because besides from school I was in the orphanage, so it helped a little. When I was 12, dad adopted me, and everything turned up. Now I'm happier than ever and I'm glad what happened, happened, well minus the experiments but it is what it is." I finish looking around at everyone, noticing their tear-filled eyes.

"How come I didn't remember you?" Bucky asks not meeting my eyes. 

"You were freed from the mind control which disoriented some of your memories. It made you forget most of HYDRA and escaping." I say cuddling back into dad. 

Everyone is frozen for a couple of minutes not knowing what to say.  After a few minutes of everyone avoiding everyone's eyes Steve speaks up. 

"Why don't we go do something and get your mind off all of this. How does Bowling sound?" Steve suggests bringing up some people's moods.

I smile a little nodding getting off dad and pulling him up to go to the elevator to head to the bowling place. We have a really good time and I'm glad I opened up about my past. It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.