Christmas

Hey everyone got board today, so here's another Christmas story. Hope everyone's day is going well. Happy Holidays.

________________________________________________________________________________

Peter's POV.

We all got called down to be told that someone was leaving later that day. And that all of our chores needed to be done by 2 PM. After the meeting finished all my chores then headed to me and Marks room to re-warp my wrist and ankle. 

I started working on some new formulas. I started working on a new suit design when two men walked in. I quickly hid the design and went back to formulas. 

Tony's POV.

Earlier That Day 

Steve has been talking about getting a child. I've always been weary of getting one. I don't want what happened to me happen to them. I don't want to be my father. But after all the encouragement from Steve, I decided to give it a try. I mean I have Steve by my side to help me not become him, I can do this. 

So, I made a gift to Steve. Well, more like a card for the both of us to choose. It wrote ' Dear Steve, I know you have been talking about getting a child. I've always been defensive about getting one but, I think we're ready. I wanted to check with you though. So, if you still want a child, then we can go to an orphanage at 5. If not, then it's fine. You've just been wanting a kid for so long I thought it'd be a good gift.  -Love Tony.'

I gave it to him in the morning after all other gifts were opened. He staired at it for a little while before a small smile started to form. He gave me a huge hug. 

"Yes! But why'd you make it so late I want to go now." Steve whined. 

"It was the only open time. Plus, we need to eat and get a room set up." I respond.

With that Steve got up running to a spare room. I try to go help him, but he pushed me out telling me to make food. So, I obliged. While making food I hear him running room from room grabbing a bunch of different things. I tried to sneak peaks, but nothing ever worked. 

Around 3 he finished. He walked out asking what I made. I tell him to sit down, and I bring both him and I a plate. After we eat, we head out to the orphanage. 

Walking up we see a small number of kids playing outside. We walk up and most of them run inside. We walk in and are greeted by this lady. 

"Welcome have you come to adopt or foster?" She asks. 

"Adopting yea." I respond grabbing Steve's hand. 

"Alright what age range and gender?" 

"Any gender or age." Steve says. 

"Alright well most of the younger ones are outside playing. The tweens are in their room, or the living area and the teens are in their room. Go ahead and wonder around. All their rooms are on the second floor and have their ages by the door." She says with a smile. 

"Okay thank you." I say, bringing Steve to the stairs.

We head upstairs, going room from room talking to everyone there. We get to the final room with a 17- and 16-year-old. Steve knocks on the door before we enter the room. 

"Oh Hi, I'm Mark." The boy closest to the door says. 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Steve and this is Tony." 

"So, what you are doing here?"

Steve and the boy start talking but I take notice of the other boy in the room. He had bandages on his wrist and ankle. And when we walked into the room, he hid something he was working on. I walk over to him. 

"Hi what's your name?" I ask.

"Peter." He responds. 

"Wacha working on?" I ask taking note of all the equations. 

"Just some equations. You probably wouldn't understand them." He says hiding them. 

"Let me see. I think I'd understand them more then you think." I say softly. 

Peter gets ready to get up, "Excuse me." He says.

I move out of the way, and he walks out of the room past Steve and Mark. I go to look at his work but none of it's here. I then walk back over to Steve and Mark.

"Who was that?" Steve asks. 

I go to respond but Mark beats me to it, "That was Peter. He's been here since was 5. He's a real problem though." Mark says.

"How come. He seems nice." I say. 

"He is. When he knows you. And he's a problem because he always comes back late and always has injuries. Nobody knows why and nobody sees him all day. But why all the interest in him?"

"Does he like science? He said he was working on equations. "

"Yea. He's the only one here that understands that stuff." 

I look over to Steve and he catches my eye. We thank Mark and walk out to the front. We then find the Lady sitting at a table doing some paperwork.

"Ma'am." Steve says. 

"Oh hello, have you found someone?" She asks. 

"Yea. Peter." I say.

"Lovely chose he's been her for so long. I'll go get him." She says walking outside. 

A few moments later she comes back with Peter, and he heads upstairs grabbing his stuff. She comes back with some paper and has us sign it. After signing it Peter comes down and we then head out to the car. 

Me and Steve try making small talk with Peter, but he only responds with one-word answers. So, we gave up and talked between the two of us.

Peter's POV.

Out of the two men that came in one came up to me, trying to talk. He wanted to see my equations, but I declined. After him trying to look again, I take my leave. I head outside to a tree to work more on the suit design. I was able to get most of it done when the caregiver came and asked me to get my stuff. 

I walk inside grabbing my stuff before heading to the men's cars. I was finally getting out of this dump. They tried making conversations, but I only replied with short answers still not really trusting them. After a while they finally left me alone. 

We arrived at the Stark tower. They walked me inside and showed me around and then to my room. It was a nice plain but decorated room. It was nice, glad to finally have a room of my own. I rewrapped my bandages before I was called for dinner. I headed down to dining room to eat. 

"Here sit, you can sever yourself what you want." Tony says sitting next to Steve. 

I start to get my own food when another conversation starts up. 

"Peter sorry for not getting you anything. We can go to the shops tomorrow and get anything you want." Steve says. 

"Its... Fine. I don't need anything. Besides, this is Christmas miracle... I finally get out of that orphanage." I say smiling at them.

This then sparks the conversation. We talk for a while before watching some movies. This is the best Christmas ever.