Fish...

Peter lived with HYDRA before he escapes, and Tony found him. Because of HYDRA he can easily get triggered with certain smells. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Peter's POV. 

I was sitting in the living room waiting for Bucky to finish dinner for the night. Tony, Nat and I were watching TV while Steve and Clint were talking. Everyone else was on a mission so not a full house - Thankfully

"Dinners ready!" Bucky called. 

We all headed to the dining room. As we walked over, I started smelling a familiar smell. I tried to ignore it, but it just got stronger. 

"What'd you make Buck?" Steve asked as we got into the room. 

"Fish."

As soon as I heard this, combined with the smell, I started getting flashbacks. 

"I-I'm going to go to bed, I-I'm not really hungry." I say walking back to my room. 

I didn't need others worrying about me. The flashbacks didn't stop for a long time. I just sat there not able to do anything. 

Nat's POV.

Peter had walked to his room saying he wasn't hungry. I knew it was a lie, but I didn't want to pry at it in case it was a really sensitive topic. 

As dinner went by, I started thinking. We never really found out why Peter was on the streets 2 years ago. I wonder if his childhood has something to do with him leaving when he smelled the fish. 

"Tony?"

"mmm" 

"Do you know why Peter was on the streets 2 years ago?" I ask. 

"No, when I found him, I asked but he didn't want to talk about it." He shrugs," Why?"

"Just wondering." I say going back to eating. 

The table stayed quiet for a minute before conversation resumed. 

TIME SKIP

It's been a few days since Peter's left his room. Maybe I should check on him. Yea I'll do that. I thought as I started heading up to his room. 

"Peter?" I asked softly knocking on the door. 

"Go away..." I heard a soft voice say. 

"Can I come in please?" I ask.

"Fine..." It took him a moment to respond. 

I slowly open the door seeing him in a web cocoon. 

"Are you okay?" I ask not knowing the answer I would get. 

"I guess." He shrugged. 

"Want to talk?" I ask trying not to pry. 

He nods and I go closer to him. 

"Say whatever you want. Anything said will not leave this room, I promise." I say softly letting him speak.

He nods and starts talking. He explains that before Tony found him, he was in HYDRA, with so many different smells and super senses. He developed a trigger to smells, one of them being fish. He also explained everything he went through. I just let him talk not wanting to seem like I'm dismissing his feelings/experiences or that I didn't care. 

"Thats about it..." He said. 

"I know what it's like... I grew up in the Red Room. It's like HYDRA but with only females... I'm here to talk anytime, I don't want you to have to deal with that on your own as I had to." I say slowly explaining something I haven't told anyone else.  

"Thanks." He says hugging me. 

I hug him back, "Now why don't we go get some food." I suggest. 

He nods and we walk to the kitchen to get food. He grabbed some and I made mental notes about all the smells that trigger him and to get rid of them. Later that night I removed them, and life continued on. Peter started opening up to me and he seemed happier. I'm glad I was able to make some feel better about their past.