Chapter 1.

Chapter 1.

Scratch, scratch, scratch. 

Reious stopped drawing and looked up after feeling the intense gaze of his secretary.

"Is something matter?" He asked, pushing his glasses in the top of his nose bridge. Max, the secretary, shook his head and retracted his gaze.

"Nothing sir, it's just that, you've been drawing in your table for couple of hours now. Don't you need to take a minute of rest? I recommend taking a short break, shall I call someone to prepare you some coffee and biscuits?"

Natigilan naman siya nang marinig ang sinabi ng secretary niya. He look down on the presentation paper laid out carefully in his table full of faint lines and drawings, the pencils and eraser marks around it, and blink. 

"No, it's okay." He shook his head and put down his pencil and glasses on the table before combing his hair with his hand to the back. Sinandal niya ang kaniyang likod sa sandalan ng kaniyang upuan saka isinara ang mga mata upang ipahinga ang mga ito pagkatapos ng mahabang oras na paggawa ng mga sketches. 

"Do I have a scheduled meeting for the next hours?"

"You are free until tomorrow evening, sir. Tomorrow afternoon, you have a scheduled dinner-meeting with the representative of the ABC Holdings regarding the design of their building."

"Yes, I remember."

Reious massaged his forehead while lightly sighing, "Was there anything else?"

"Nothing up to date, sir. The meeting with the representative of the ABC Holdings is the most important one in your schedule this week, the rest was only meetings for formalities. I can attend them in your place, if you want me to, sir."

"Is that okay?"

"It's not a problem."

Reious open his eyes and looked at Max with warm and thankful eyes.

"Unfortunately, sir, I cannot take your place as your representative in your business trip in Singapore scheduled at the end of this year."

"Right..." Biglang nawala ang ekspresyon sa mukha ni Reious at napalitan ng pagod at pagkahinayang. "May I know the reason why an architect like me had to go around attending business meetings and such?"

"It is because you have inherited your father's company, and as his heir, you have to fulfill his duties."

Sumimangot naman si Reious.

Hindi kasi niya masabi na ayaw niya sa sitwasyon niya ngayon, pero hindi niya rin masabi na gusto niya ito.

Although their business was connected to his profession, which is architecture, there is a difference between working as an architect in the field and managing an architecture firm.

Inabot ni Reious ang nakataob na selpon niya sa lamesa saka binuksan ito.

"... Max, may tumawag ba sa ibaba kanina?"

Mabilis naman na naintindihan ni Max kung ano ang gustong iparating ni Reious at mabilis na sumagot.

"Noone called looking for you, sir."

"I see, just in case someone called and claim that they know me, immediately direct her call to my line, got it?"

"I will inform that to the one in charge of our call receptions. Anything else, sir?"

"Nothing, you can go take a break."

Max didn't said anything and nodded his head. He took some documents from Reious's desk, and together with his iPad, left the room.