Chapter 41.

Chapter 41.

"Please tell us where you are currently hiding Miss Niraiah, Sir Reious."

Reious did not respond. He lifted his cup filled with steaming chamomile tea and smelled its flowery fragrance before taking a sip and putting back the cup loudly as he could in the table.

"You are now addressing me properly," mahinang tugon niya nang hindi tinatapunan ng tingin ang tao na nakaupo sa harap niya. "Should I be glad?" 

Reious said sarcastically, making Rey, the person receiving those words, flinched.

The last time Reious saw Rey, he was chasing after Niraiah looking so pitiful, but now, not a hint of pitiness could be seen in his face.

Mas lalong nagtaka si Reious.

'Just what kind of...'

"Don't be like that," sabi ni Rey saka nagpakawala ng malakas na buntong hininga. "I just did that to prevent awkwardness with Niraiah."

"What do you mean? Do you have interest with my Niraiah?"

Rey frowned after hearing Reious used possessive noun towards Niraiah.

"She's not yours, I met her first."

"Where? In that grocery store?"

Naalala ni Reious ang report na binigay sa kaniya ni Max noon, it was about Niraiah's first encounter with Rey.

She might not have remember it, but she had once met Rey there with Mariel.

Reious found out because one of the staffs in the grocery store told him that someone that looked exactly like Rey asked about Niraiah. Unfortunately, Niraiah doesn't go there frequently, only when Mariel was with her.

'Kaya siguro binigay ni Mariel ang membership card niya kay Niraiah para roon na siya mamili, pero bakit?'

To create a scenario for Niraiah and Rey to meet there and root for a relationship between them to bloom? 

Reious felt disgusted thinking how Mariel manipulate things just so that Niraiah would live a life that she wanted for her.

Frowning hard, Reious spoked.

"Don't come near me and Niraiah again. I won't sign a contract with you, so feel free to contact another architecture firm to negotiate."

He said to end this boring conversation, but Rey was not yet finished.

"You don't have the right to hide Niraiah from us. I am her employer, and I could sue her for not doing what is written in our contract."

Napataas naman ng kilay si Reious.

"What nonsense, I'm pretty sure you have fired Niraiah on the spot yesterday. There are also a lot of witnesses around, so what are you talking about now?"

"She's not yet completely fired, you know that a boss can't just fire his employee right away, there needs to be a lot of paperwork to be done."

"That is only the case for people who are not true to their words," sabi ni Reious sabay iling ng ulo. "And even if you say that, there is no way Niraiah would still want to work with you. I'm pretty sure that by this time, she was regretting those times that she was loyal at working in your company. You lost a diamond just because you are busy admiring a false gold."

Biglang naalala ni Reious si Niraiah na kasalukuyang nagpapahinga sa kwarto niya sa hotel. He looks at the time, and saw that it's been an hour since he started talking with Rey.