Chapter 18.

Chapter 18.

"--The design? Of course I'm working on it, Max. How about the creative team? I haven't received any of their work... They haven't finished anything? Wow, great. It seems like our precious creative team of our company is slacking off, what if I cut off half of their salary and give them a penalty?... Yes, tell them all what I said. Yes, yes, bye."

Reious turned off his phone after ending his call with his secretary, Max, to prevent him from contacting him again, and focus on his work.

He was working on his iPad, while scribbling shapes and dimensions on the screen with his pen, he felt a small movement behind his back.

Nakasandal siya sa paanang bahagi ng higaan ni Niraiah habang ginagawa ang kaniyang trabaho na dapat ay sa opisina niya ginagawa. Pwede naman na sa sala siya magtrabaho, pero mas komportable siyang ipagsiksikan ang sarili sa paanang bahagi ng higaan ni Niraiah kasama siya kaysa umupo mag-isa sa sala nito.

"Niraiah?" Marahang tawag nito saka pinagmasdan ang dalaga.

The medicine she took must have some kind of side effect causing her to sleep deeply.

It's not bad, it's actually good for Niraiah, so she can rest longer.

Reious tilted his head and was about to ignore that little movement he felt awhile ago when he saw Niraiah's toes squirming under her blanket.

"Hmm?"

Reious stood up from his seat and checked on Niraiah squirming on her bed. He looks down and saw Niraiah frowning while moving her feet. Reious let out a chuckle.

'Her bed is too small for her.'

She was moving from make herself comfortable, but her bed was too small for her comfort.

Reious smile.

'What was her job again? An inventory clerk?'

As far as Reious know, an Inventory Clerk received fine salary. They have an average salary of 17k per month and even higher, depends on the company they are working in.

'That's not bad, though.'

Reious sat back down on the floor, put his elbow on Niraiah's bed and stared at her sleeping while resting his chin on his hand.

She looks so peaceful while sleeping, it makes Reious wonder how Niraiah could sleep so defenseless with him around.

'Does she trust me already?'

That was quick.

"Next time, no matter how nice a man to you, don't ever let him inside your house while you sleep." He said in a reprimanding voice while looking at her, not like she'll ever hear him. After awhile, he stood up from his seat and left her room to prepare a simple meal for the two of them.

***

RIING!

Niraiah's eyelashes fluttered as her forehead create a crease. Inis na minulat niya ang kaniyang mata saka kinuha ang selpon niya na kanina pa nag-iingay sa tabi niya.

"Hello?" Medyo yamot na sagot niya sa tawag.

-- Niraiah! Were you sleeping?

The voice turned from sounding worried to nimble after hearing Niraiah's bare sleeping voice.

Napalunok si Niraiah ng laway niya nang makaramdam ng kaunting pagkatuyot ng lalamunan saka tumango tango bago nagsalita. "Kagigising lang po," magalang na sagot niya nang makilala ang kausap.