Chapter 27.

Chapter 27.

Blink. Blink.

Niraiah jolted awake from her slumber and immediately raises her body from lying down. She looks around the place and saw that she was in an unfamiliar room.

'Oh my god.'

Mariin siyang napalunok saka matinding kaba ang kaniyang naramdaman nang mapagtanto na hindi pamilya ang kwarto kung nasaan siya. Dumagdag pa rito ang lamig ang kwartong kinaroroonan niya.

She clutches the soft and thick blanket that was covering her awhile ago, as a familiar manly smell entered her nose through the sheets and the blanket.

'Reious?'

It was Reious's smell. At habang iniisip niya si Reious, unti-unting bumukas ang pintuan ng kwarto at bumungad ang mukha ni Reious.

Binuksan niya ang ilaw sa kwarto saka dahan dahang pumasok sa kwarto.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly while looking at Niraiah warmly. Niraiah stared at him and look at him from head to toe, before speaking.

"Nagpalit ka ng damit?" Mahinang tanong niya nang mapansin na nag-iba ang suot na damit ni Reious kumpara kanina.

"Yep," sagot nito sabay upo sa gilid ng kama na kinahihigaan ni Niraiah. "So, are you okay now?"

He asked warmly again, Niraiah stared at him for a moment, before looking around the now lit-up room.

"Is this your room?" She asked while looking around the room. The room was like the carbon copy of his living room, but is more brighter because of the sliding windows that let sunlight in.

Lumingon siya kay Reious nang hindi makarinig ng sagot mula rito, at nakita itong mariin ang titig sa kaniya.

"W-Why...?" Mahinang tanong niya nang maramdaman ang malakas na pagpintig ng kaniyang dibdib dahil sa riin ng pagtitig sa kaniya ni Reious.

"You haven't answered my question."

"What question?"

"Are you okay?"

"Pass."

Mas lalong sumama ang tingin ni Reious habang si Niraiah naman ay umiwas ng tingin.

"I'm sorry, I just don't wanna lie to you..." Mahinang sagot niya habang inaalala ang naging reaksyon niya kanina.

She must have exhausted herself from crying and fell asleep to the point that it made Reious worried enough for him to ask constantly if she's okay. Truth to be told, she doesn't know either.

The sadness she was feeling after remembering the tragic fate of her parents, the emotions she had accumulated from witnessing Reious earlier, and her feelings to Reious itself was all jumbled up like a ball of yarn where the end was nowhere to be found. So it is hard to say she was okay.

It's making her chest feel heavy, and the more she thinks about it, the more she was feeling not okay.

But since Reious was with her right now...

"I'm hungry..." Biglang sambit niya sabay tingin at hawak sa kamay ni Reious. "Can we eat?"

Reious stared at her, then to her hand touching him for a moment, before responding back.

"What do you want to eat?"

"I thought we're going to have sinigang for lunch?"

"Okay," sagot niya sabay tayo sa pagkakaupo sa kama. He looks at her before speaking, "But before that, magpalit ka muna ng damit. Change your clothes into something more comfortable. There's your bag, and that's my bathroom, you can use anything there as you see fit. I will be waiting in the living room." He said before planting a light kiss on Niraiah's forehead then leaving the room.