Chapter 9.

Chapter 9.

"Here is the report of the investigation you requested from me, sir. It seems like because the newly appointed CMO is 'too young', a number of their board directors are showing their discontent."

Reious didn't react on Max's report and received the documents from his hand. He opened it to scan its content and read a passage out loud.

" ‘Five directors, with total of 54% stocks owned altogether, voted for Rey Sorano as the new Chief Marketing Officer for CBA Company; Group of Hotels and Restaurants, for the year 202X to 202X.’… Is it because he was the nephew of the COO of their company? Regardless of his connection, he seems good at his job." Ani ni Reious habang dinadaanan ng basa ang field of experience part ng report ni Max. 

'And he also seems fair and just.'

The reason why Reious became curious to know the new appointed CMO of CBA Company is because Yana, his not-so-sure girlfriend, is currently working there. He wanted to make sure that she's in a good hand despite not being in good terms with her.

Just because they are currently in a fight, doesn't he'll stop caring for her. 

Despite being young, Rey Sorano already accumulated notable experiences and achievements to this date. Not only that, he was also known as kind and benevolent to his employees.

'But how come…'

Nakasulat din sa report ni Max na naging isa sa mga Managers noon si Rey sa pinagtatrabahuang Hotel ni Yana. Kung ikukumpara ang taon kung kailan nagtrabaho roon si Rey, at gaano na katagal na nagtatrabaho roon si Yana, maaaring naging magkakilala silang dalawa.

'Then how come Yana never mention this to me?'

Then again, since Yana was just a low-positioned receptionist, it is possible that their path never crossed. Pero imposibleng hindi kilala ni Yana si Rey dahil naging boss niya ito.

"Sir, about the budget allocation topic that will be talked about in the shareholders meeting next month--"

"Ah right, shit. I forgot about that." Binitawan ni Reious ang folder na hawak niya saka napamasahe sa noo. "Arrange a meeting with me and the head of the HR Department. Also, notify the remaining departments to send their reports to me about their budget usage in the past six months. Tell them I need it tomorrow noon, sharp."

Tumango tango naman si Max habang mabilis na nagtitipa sa notes application niya sa kaniyang iPad.

"But sir,"

"Yes? Anything else?" Pagod na tanong ni Reious sabay angat ng ulo para tingalain si Max na nakatayo sa harap niya. Napa-diretso naman si Max ng likod niya.

"Sir, are you okay?" Biglang tanong niya, nangunot naman ang noo ni Reious.

"About what? Yes I am." 

"I'd like to disagree sir,"

"Huh?"

"Sir, have you seen yourself in the mirror already?" Natigilan naman si Reious saka takang tumingin lang kay Max, tumango tango naman si Max bago tumalikod paalis. "I'll have someone prepare an emergency kit and a warm compress for you, sir." Huling sabi niya bago lumabas ng opisina niya, napatulala naman si Reious sa pintuang nilabasan niya.

Pagkaraan ng ilang minuto ay nakatanggap si Reious ng tawag, mabilis naman niya itong sinagot saka nagsalita.

"Hey--"

-- Motherfucking sonuvabitch, why did you only answer my call now?

"Wait, have you been calling me?" Reious took his phone away from his ears and looked at its screen before answering. "Yep, you've been calling me. I'm sorry Nadiel, what's up?"