Chapter 7.

Chapter 7.

"Reious, I still don't want to talk to you so leave--"

Natigilan si Yana sa pagpapaalis kay Reious nang makita ang malaking pasa nito sa pisngi.

"That bruise--," mahinang sabi niya habang unti-unting lumalaki ang mata. "Did I… cause that?" She slowly asked while slightly glancing on her left hand, the hand that she used to slap Reious yesterday.

Napatingin din si Reious sa kamay niyang iyon saka nakita na may suot nga si Yana na tig-isang singsing sa kaniyang pala-singsingan at hinlalato. Both are around 5 millimeters in thickness, but the one in the ring finger has a small jewel of some sort that shine pink under the light. 

"Those are some beautiful rings I haven't seen before," he said dumbfoundedly. "They suit you well. Did you bought those for yourself or someone gave you those? They looked good on you, especially the one in your fourth singer. So pretty and simple, like a promise ring."

Reious innocently said while smiling, however, it is evident in his eyes that he was shaking inside.  Different scenarios, possibilities and scenes unfold inside his head as he looks at Yana's hand in intense. 

Mabilis namang itinago ni Yana ang kaniyang kaliwang kamay sa likod niya saka inis na pinasadahan si Reious ng tingin. 

"Shut up. Why are you here? To show me your bruise and made me feel guilty of what I did to you?" She lashes out while looking enrage. 

"No," mahinang sagot ni Reious sabay iling ng ulo. "I deserve this bruise in my face, I'm here to apologize to you to what I've said yesterday. I am really sorry, I didn't mean to disrespect you--"

"What's done is done." She said in firm voice. "I know you are sorry, but just because you're sorry doesn't mean I have to forgive you right away. Reious, I am your girlfriend for three years. Naisip mo ba yon nung sinabi mo sa akin yung sinabi mo kahapon? No."

Reious frowned and lowered his head.

"You didn't even considered the fact that I was your girlfriend for more than three years before saying that to me! Before disrespecting me! Am I right?"

Napalunok naman ng malalim si Reious, "That's why I'm saying sorry! Because I can't take back my words anymore and I don't want you gone and saying sorry is the only thing I can do! I'm sorry, Yana. Really, I'm sorry, so please," 

Reious raises his hand and tried to reach for Yana's hand but she slapped his hand away. 

"You should have thought about that before running your mouth. Reious, mas masakit na binastos mo ako kaysa magloko ka. Yes, you never cheated on me nor did you ever tried, but the act of disrespect you've shown me yesterday is as grave as cheating on me. Binastos mo ako bilang babae tapos ineexpect mo papatawarin kita ng ganon ganon lang?"

"That is just one time! I've treated you right and with care all this time. That is just one time that I made a mistake, bakit parang pinapalabas mo na wala nang saysay lahat ng pagsasama natin dahil sa isang beses na nagkamali ako ng sinabi ko sayo?"

"Why not? Diba isa sa mga pangako mo sa akin noon ay rerespetuhin mo ako kahit anong mangyari? You broke that very promise of yours, Reious. And that is enough reason for me to break up with you."

"No!"

Gumuho ang loob ni Reious nang marinig ang sinabi ni Yana.

"N-No, Yana, please!" Mabilis na hinawakan niya ang parehas na kamay ni Yana saka nagmakaawa. "No! It's just one time! I only said it because I was hurt of what you said about me, I didn't mean to hurt you, I didn't mean to hurt you back." He said while tearing up. "You know how much I love you, right? You know that, I'm sure."