Chapter 2.

Chapter 2.

Napalunok naman si Reious sa sinabi ni Yana saka kunot-noong tumitig dito.

"W-What do you mean? It was you who said that you're manager was treating you unfairly so I went to talk to him in your expense, I was just trying to help you..." Mahinang sagot ni Reious, napasinghal naman si Yana sabay irap ng mata.

"Oh, yes." Sabi niya. "Alam ko naman yan, Reious. I know you did it for my sake, pero hiniling ko ba sa'yo yon? Your intention is fine, but your way of doing it is not right. Alam kong nag-aalala ka, at kaya ayaw mo akong nakikitang nahihirapan ay dahil mahal mo ako, pero ang ginagawa mo ay inaayon mo lahat ng mga bagay sa buhay ko sa paraang sa tingin mo ay magpapadali ng buhay ko, edi sana hindi mo na lang ako minahal. Did you think a life made by someone to be problem-less and worry-less, is a life worth living? It is not."

Hindi naman nakasagot si Reious. He parked his car in the parking lot of the restaurant they used to eat, and stop his car.

The outside were already dark since it's past 7 already, but the inside of the car was bright. Reious turn to Yana and look at her eyes.

"Yana, I..."

"Hindi ko gusto na ma-trato bilang prinsesa o kaya reyna mo, Reious."

Bago pa man makapagsalita si Reious ay nagsalita na kaagad si Yana.

"It disgust me, actually, to be treated like your queen." She said without a hint of hesitation. "I'm not like other girls who want to be treated like they are the world to someone. I want to be treated like a human being, and get compensated for working hard. For doing effort and for accomplishing something. Do you understand?"

Hindi naman kaagad nakasagot si Reious.

He looks at Yana, who was also looking at him in disdain. Reious's eyes tremble as he felt hurt at Yana's stare and took his gaze back.

"I'm sorry--"

"I won't change my mind just because you say sorry."

Reious bit his lip and look outside his car with a complicated expression on his face.

"Kakain pa ba tayo?" Biglang tanong sa kaniya ni Yana pagkaraan ng ilang minutong katahimikan sa pagitan nila.

"Gusto mo pa bang kumain?" Mahinang tanong ni Reious pabalik.

"I've lost my appetite, but it will be a waste to leave now that we're already here." Sagot niya habang nakatingin sa harap ng sasakyan, tumango tango naman si Reious bilang sagot saka sinimulang tanggalin ang seatbelt na suot niya.

"You're right, hold on, I'll open the door for you." He said and quickly stood up from his seat and open the car door for Yana. Yana didn't said anything and just pat Reious's shoulder before walking first to the restaurant.

Reious was about to follow her to the restaurant when he suddenly received a call.

Napakunot ng noo si Reious saka mabilis na sinagot ang tawag.

"Hello?"

-- Hi, Reious bro. Can I borrow your address?

"Why would you need my home address when you have your own?"

Inis na tanong ni Reious habang nakakunot ang noo. Napansin siguro ni Yana na hindi nasunod sa kaniya si Reious kaya tumigil siya saglit sa paglalakad at lumingon sa direksyon niya. Nang makitang may kausap ito, dumiretso na siya papasok.

Napalunok naman si Reious nang hindi siya binigyang pansin ng kaniyang kasintahan saka nagsimulang makaramdam ng kaba.

-- I just need it.

"Do you think that I would accept that kind of reasoning?"

--... You have a point.

"And why me? You have tons of friends other than me." Reious said while clutching his forehead. Now he wonder what's up with his friends that they kept calling him in wrong moment.

-- It's because your house is the nearest one near my home, so I thought I might as well borrow yours.

"Why not use your own address?"

-- My address was banned.

"From what?!" Napahinga ng malalim si Reious saka inis na minasahe ang kaniya noo. "No, you don't have to tell me, just go straight to my house and left your stupid vespa in the parking lot. I have a key stuck underneath the clay pot beside my door. It was taped right under it, so be careful. It was an expensive pot." Paalala niya dito, mabilis naman na sumagot ang kaibigan niya.

-- Thanks, you really are my only true friend--

Hindi na pinatapos ni Reious ang sasabihin ng kaibigan niya at pinatay ang tawag saka patakbong pumasok sa restaurant upang hanapin at samahan ang kaniyang girlfriend.

"Naka-order ka na?" Hinihingal na tanong niya sa kaniya sabay suklay ng buhok niya palikod. Tumango tango naman si Yana habang naka-pokus ang mata sa selpon niya.

"I've ordered the usual, do you want to eat something else?"

"Nah, I'm content with whatever you ordered for me." Sabi ni Reious sabay ngiti kaunti. Hindi naman sumagot si Yana at nagpokus lang sa selpon niya.

Reious didn't stopped her and just look around the restaurant. The restaurant was not empty, but was not full either. Maybe because it was just the weekdays, so people don't have any time to eat in a restaurant because of work.

"Ikakasal na pala sina Nina at Tino."

"Talaga?" Gulat na tanong ni Reious habang inaayos ang napkin niya. "That was fast."

Nina and Tino was Yana's friends that he got to know after dating Yana. As far as Reious know, Nina and Tino only got together a year after Yana accepted Reious as his boyfriend.

"Uh-huh, Nina is currently 5 months pregnant. I didn't even notice the bulging of her stomach so I was really surprised."

Dahan dahang namang tumango si Reious, "Good for them then." Aniya.

He then looks up at Yana who was talking to a waiter while pointing the dishes she wants in the menu.

'3 years...'

Reious and Yana had been together for more than three years. Their relationship is long enough for Reious to ask Yana for a marriage, but there is this little void and small voice in the back of his head, whispering in his heart that Yana won't accept his proposal if he ask her now.

That's why he never tried, but that doesn't mean he doesn't plan to.

"Kailan daw magaganap ang kasal?"

"I don't know, maybe as soon as possible since Nina said she wanted to get married before the baby come out."

"Yes, that's more favorable for her baby."

"Kaya nga humihingi sila ng tulong sa akin para asikasuhin ang ilang mga papeles na kailangan nila."

Reious nodded his head, "If you need help, just ask me. I can help you."

Napairap naman si Yana ng mga mata niya. "I don't need your help, fortunately. And what does an architect knows about managing legal requirements for marriage?"

Reious pursed his lips.

After awhile, their orders arrived. While the waiters neatly place their orders one by one, Reious's phone on the table rang.

"Kanina pa yan ah," sabi ni Yana habang nakatingin sa phone ni Reious. Reious immediately look at his phone to see who was calling him and saw that it was his friend from earlier.

"It's nothing." He said and put down the phone after turning it off. Yana didn't answer him and continue to stare at his phone.

"Reious, have you ever had any idea of cheating on me?" Biglang tanong ni Yana, nagulat naman si Reious.

His eyes widen in shock and confusion.