Chapter 13.

Chapter 13.

"What do you mean?" Kunot noong tanong ni Reious sabay upo sa harapang upuan ni Niraiah upang magpantay ang kanilang paningin. He was a bit taken aback to Niraiah's words awhile ago that he subconscious clenched his fist. 

"You know what I mean, Reious." Sabi ni Niraiah habang diretso ang tingin sa mga mata niya. "You know that you don't have to do all of these, you don't have to take responsibility of taking care of me, or providing me with my meals. I can take care of myself. I'm already more than indebted in you bringing me home safe and sound, that is more than enough. And this, this is all too much."

She said and looked at everything that Reious bought fort her to eat, before looking back to Reious's eyes.

"I know, but I saw how weak you were back in the parking lot of the grocery store, I can't just… "

"Despite knowing that I already have a slight-fever, I still went in there. So it is my fault for pushing myself to the limit despite knowing the risk."

Natahimik naman si Reious.

"Pero kaya ko naman nang alagaan ang sarili ko, bumaba na rin ang lagnat ko. You don't have to come in here and take care of me as if we are some kind of long-time friends. In fact, we're not even acquaintances. We are a complete stranger to each other."

Niraiah was right. Reious only knew Niraiah less than a month, and the time he spent with her can't even create an entire day, so coming to her house just to take care of her and scold her with things she should already know is a bit of a stretch.

'It was too much.'

Too much being nosy, too much being 'helpful', too much caring. 

Be it compassion or pity, it is all too much in Niraiah's perspective.

Nang maintindihan ni Reious ang gustong iparating ni Niraiah, tumango tango ito.

"Pero, hindi ka pa papasok sa trabaho mo, diba?" Tanong niya.

"Hindi muna hangga't hindi pa ako gumagaling," sagot ni Niraiah saka may tinignan sa kaniyang selpon. "Sinabi ko na rin sa manager ko na hindi ako makakapasok dahil may sakit ako. Naiintidihan naman niya kaya hinayaan niya muna akong um-absent."

Tumango tango naman si Reious. "That's good. Alright then, give me your number."

"Huh?" Takang tanong ni Niraiah. 

"I mean your contact number, how am I going to call and ask how you are if I don't have any means to contact you indirectly? That's why give me your number." Reious said while handing his phone towards Niraiah, Niraiah blankly accepted his phone and typed her number without a beat.

"You are a bit obnoxious, don't you think?" She said sarcastically while giving back his phone, Reious shrugged his shoulders.

"Obnoxious? Yeah right," ani niya sabay tayo sa kinauupuan niya. "I've bought ready-to-eat meal enough for two full days, just heat them up or re-cook them whenever you like. Alis na ako."

Ngumuso naman si Niraiah, "Do you expect something from me after this?"

Natigilan naman si Reious. He lightly laugh and shook his head. "Mas maganda sana kung tatanggapin mo na lang ang mga ginawa ko na walang tinatanaw na utang na loob."

"You don't want me to repay you in any kind?"

"It's okay, just make sure to respond to my calls or texts once in a while."