Chapter 39.

Chapter 39.

Reious glances at Niraiah beside him before slowing down the car and eventually stopping at the side of the road.

"Huh?" Takang tanong ni Niraiah pero hindi siya pinansin ni Reious. Binaklas ni Reious ang seatbelt na suot niya saka marahan itong hinatak papalapit sa kaniya. He roughly, but carefully caresses her cheek as if to wipe the tears that had already dried and became a trace on Niraiah's beautiful face.

"I'm sorry," mahinang sabi niya. "I was too late to wipe your tears." He said while looking at Niraiah sadly. Niraiah gulped.

"N-No, he didn't particularly did something. Ano lang, he's kinda bothering me?" Nanginginig ang boses na paliwanag niya, napakiling naman ng ulo si Reious.

"Then, why are you shaking and crying?" He asked, Niraiah sniffled after hearing that and endless drop of tears came flooding out of her eyes.

"R-Reious..." Mahinang tawag ni Niraiah habang mahigpit ang kapit sa damit ni Reious. She seems to be getting strength from him, so Reious grab those hands and wrapped his hands around it. "T-Tinawag ako ni Ma'am Mariel na k-kabit..."

Natigilan naman si Reious.

"I-I don't know why she said that, but she called me degrading names in front of other people earlier." She informed to him with a cracking voice, making Reious to clenched his jaw. Nagdilim ang paningin niya at lahat ng ugat sa kaniyang katawan ay lumabas. 

"She did? How dare her," Reious said while breathing a heavy breath, he then looks at Niraiah's tearful eyes and spoke. "Forget it, Niraiah. I love you and I will never make you a mistress, kahit mamatay pa ako." 

Hindi nakasagot si Niraiah at tinakpan lang ang mukha niya gamit ang kaniyang mga kamay. She was too quiet for someone who had been wronged by many people.

That reaction hurt Reious, he grabbed those shaking hands and forcibly pulled her towards her.

"I-I'm sorry, it was all my fault. I'm sorry. If I knew this would happen, I would have never introduce myself to Mariel. Then she won't..." Reious's tongue became short of what to say and he fell silent, Niraiah continued to sniffled.

"Alam mo ba Reious, meron akong kapitbahay. She was beautiful, smart, and nice. She's also Ma'am Mariel's goddaughter,"

Reious gulped.

"And her name was Yana." Niraiah looked at Reious with tearful eyes. "Do you know the person I'm talking about?"

Reious throat dried. "Y-Yes, she was my ex-girlfriend."

"Really?" Natatawang tanong ni Niraiah, "Oh my god. I didn't know I had already met the woman I'm so jealous about in multiple different occasions." She said in ridicule making Reious frown.

"Why are you feeling jealous about her? I love you, I love you more than I have loved her Niraiah, please believe me." Reious immediately said as his hands grabbing Niraiah started to shake.

This is what he's scared the most. Hearing from Niraiah how insecure she is about Yana.

He can't blame neither of them since it was not Niraiah's fault that she felt insecure about someone almost the same age as her, but.

Umiling iling naman si Niraiah saka natatawang pinunasan ang mga luha niya. She was still shedding tears, but she was now looking at Reious with eyes glistening of indescribable emotion. 

"Let's go to your place, can we? It's getting late and ayoko ring abutan ng Noche Buena sa daan." Sumisinghot na sabi niya habang nagpupunas ng luha. Sinuot muli niya ang seatbelt na tinanggal ni Reious kanina saka humarap sa harap. "Let's go Reious, let's talk about this more in your place"