Epilogue.

Epilogue.

"Rest up, I'll take care of our luggage." Reious told Niraiah and planted a kiss on her chin and forehead while tucking her on the bed of his new penthouse.

Niraiah must have been truly tired as she quickly dozed off as her back touches the soft mattress of the bed. Reious smiled watching her sleep, before carefully leaving the room after making sure the room temperature was set to Niraiah's liking.

In the end, nabasbasan nila nang wala sa oras ang penthouse na sapilitang binenta sa kaniya ni Tedion. Nakangiting umiling-iling si Reious saka saglit na nagbihis ng damit bago inasikaso ang mga gamit nila ni Niraiah.

Katulad nga ng sinabi ni Tedion, lahat ng gamit niya ay nandito na sa penthouse. Kalahati roon ay nakaayos ayon sa dating pagkakaayos ng mga ito sa dati niyang bahay.

"Atleast Tedion knows my preference in house," he mumbled to himself as he saw that the living room of his house is connected to a sliding door and a wide balcony. He used to have one in his previous house, but was inside his room.

He walked into the balcony and could see the lively city from underneath the tall building he was in. He let out a sigh.

He didn't expect that he will suddenly have a new house. It's not that it bothers him, he had also planned to get rid of his previous house because his past, but...

'This is not so bad...'

New life, new house, new beginning.

More importantly,

Creakk.

Napatingin si Reious sa pinanggalingan ng tunog na iyon at nakita si Niraiah na paika-ikang naglalakad papalabas ng kwarto. Mukhang naalimpungatan lang siya mula sa pagtulog kaya wala pa masyadong lakas ang mga paa niya sa paglakad.

"Reious...?" Mahinang tawag nito habang kinukusot ang mga mata, napangiti naman si Reious saka mabilis na nilapitan ang dalaga. Marahan niya itong hinalikan sa noo saka hinawakan ang magkabilang pisngi.

"Didn't I told you to rest? Why did you get up early?"

"It's not early, it's almost evening." Mahinang sagot sa kaniya ni Niraiah sabay patong ng ulo sa dibdib ni Reious. Reious hugged Niraiah as if to support her, and caresses her back. "This place is beautiful..."

He heard her mumbling silently making Reious smile, "Really?"

"Yeah, I wasn't able to take a complete view of your new house, but now that I saw it, it was really beautiful. I like it."

"I'm glad." Madiing hinalikan ni Reious ang tuktok ng noo ni Niraiah saka nagsalita, "We will spend a lot time here, so I'm glad to know that you like it." He said while smelling Niraiah's hair, he then pause.

"... I'm sorry Niraiah, but I don't think I could let you go back to your previous house where Mariel could come and ago as she pleases. I know I promised you that I will never make you choose, but that doesn't mean I will not get rid of anybody that I think will cause you nothing but harm. And Mariel is not an exemption."

It might sound a bit unfair since Reious only knew Niraiah for less than a year, while Mariel had been there for Niraiah for more than a decade. But right now, all the things Reious could see is how Mariel tried to manipulate Niraiah as if she was some kind of a disposable pawn.

He didn't like that. He doesn't like the fact that someone was using his Niraiah for their own gain.

Kaya hindi niya kayang patawarin si Mariel. Pwedeng magbago ang tingin niya rito sa hinaharap kung magbago man ito, pero hindi niya ito mapapatawad kahit kailan man.

Call it immature, but that's what he is. An immature, crazily in love person.

Hindi naman kaagad nakasagot si Niraiah, humigpit ang kapit niya kay Reious saka mahinahong tumango-tango.

"I've blocked Mariel from contacting me, she won't be able to contact me in any means."

"Really?"

"Mmm, tapos kinausap ko na rin yung landlady ko para kuhanin yung two-months deposit ko sa kaniya. After getting my things from my apartment, I will be homeless for awhile."

"What nonsense, eto na oh, tahanan at ako. Ikaw na lang ang kulang."

Natawa naman si Niraiah sa sinabi ni Reious saka siniksik ang ulo sa dibdib ng binata.

"... I love you..."

She suddenly whispered in between Reious's arms making Reious's body to froze.

His eyes shook as his arms stiffen because of the sudden sensation that rock his heart and mind.

"I love you, and I think I started to like you since the very moment that I met you." Niraiah said and looked up at Reious while smiling beautifully.

It was such a brief encounter in the grocery store, a moment worth nothing, a moment to be easily forgotten by most people. But for Niraiah? It was a love in a moment.

Reious looked at her warmly. He caress the back of her head and lowered his head.

"I love you too,"

He said softly before kissing Niraiah's expecting lips with all his heart.

***

Thank you for reading Love In A Moment~ ♥️

~CakeSteak