Chapter 38.

Chapter 38.

"I wonder what kind of cheap tactics you're on about, Yana."

"I'm also wondering what kind of a cheap person are you to steal someone else's phone and then steal someone else's date."

Reious raises his brows. Sumubo siya ng isang piraso ng fries mula sa inorder niyang meal set sa isang McDonald's branch malapit sa lugar habang relax na nakaupo.

Pinagmasdan naman siya ni Yana.

"Date? Niraiah is mine."

"How arrogant of you to own her when she hasn't even said yes to you."

"What is that? A guess?"

"Yes, my guess is always on point. So am I right?"

Hindi sumagot si Reious at patuloy lang na kinain ang inorder niyang chicken sandwich, fries at ice cream sa harap ni Yana. Tanging siya lamang ang may pagkain sa lamesa kaya damang dama niya ang kumain sa harap nito. Somehow, it relieves him to see in some degree.

Gumalaw naman ang kilay ni Yana.

"Sana mabulunan ka."

"Ah right, you hated these kinds of food. What a pity." He said nonchalantly and brush off what Yana said. "Quit bothering my Niraiah."

"Oh, come on." Sagot ni Yana, "I was not bothering her. I was trying to be her friend, can't we?"

"No." Seryosong sagot ni Reious. "You and Niraiah can never be friends."

"And why...?" Nakangising tanong ni Yana sabay patong ng baba sa nakatukod niyang kamay sa lamesa, "Could it be because..."

"Niraiah was full of insecurities about herself." Reious said. "You were a successful person, who already had multiple achievements under her name, have a lot of friends, connections and relations. And most importantly, you were my ex-girlfriend."

Reious said with a serious expression on his face.

"Knowing Niraiah's attitude, she will accept you as her friend, but she will never have the peace of mind she deserves with you around. That's why I'm asking you this, even if Niraiah became my girlfriend or not, don't befriend her."

It was an extremely selfish request from Reious, but right now, he thinks what he's doing is right.

Siguro nga nalaman na ni Yana na ang kinakapatid niya sa ninang na si Niraiah ang bagong nililigawan niya kaya gusto nitong manggulo, one way or another.

And Reious doesn't want that. He wanted to prevent Niraiah from getting hurt, no matter if he had to beg and give up everything he owns. Niraiah no longer have anyone in this world to consider as a family aside from her godmother, so he hopes that their relationship won't get destroy just because of him.

"I'll say sorry to Ma'am Mariel, since I must have cause quite the shock to her. I mean, nakaraan lang I was in a relationship with you, tapos ngayon, nililigawan ko na si Niraiah. Baka isipin niya I was a jerk for that." Sabi niya sabay kamot sa batok, napasinghal naman si Yana.

"You're right. Si Mama Mariel pa. But I really didn't expect you to court Niraiah, well, I mean, I don't even know na kinakapatid ko siya sa ninang until sabihin ni Mama Mariel ang nakita niya sa kwarto ni Niraiah noong nakaraan. I only knew her as my mother's new neighbor." Sagot niya habang nakatingin sa malayo upang maibsan ang bigat ng dibdib na nararamdaman niya, "About what you said earlier, I'm sorry."

She said while looking down and trying to avoid Reious's gaze filled with warmth that was obviously not meant for her, and said bitterly.

"And also to the things I've said to you before through the phone. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it all. Atsaka, hindi ko rin alam na si Niraiah pala ang nililigawan mo, if I said something offensive towards her, please rely my apologies."