Part 4

It's not long before I'm pulled out of my dreamless sleep. "Obi-wan, Esther. Time to wake up." Qui-Gon says as we slowly regain consciousness. "I'm gonna assume we are on Tatooine?" I ask the older Jedi. "That would be correct. The two of you will stay and protect the Queen. I will take R2 and JarJar so that I will blend in. I will contact the ship when I find what we need." He announces. "Yes, Master." Obi-wan says standing up from the ground and bowing to his master. "In the mean time, you two should really get some rest. The Queen's security will come get you if you're needed." He adds before exiting the ship. 

Sighing I look at Obi-wan realizing the two of us are about to be bored for the next few hours. "Nobody would even dare to come out this far in the desert." Obi-wan grumbles. "Well that just means we can go back to sleep." I reply stretching my arms out. "Let me lead you to the spare room the Queen has offered you." Captain Panaka smiles leading us to a room with a Queen sized bed. "Thank you." I reply as he closes the door. "I can sleep on the couch." I state looking between the bed and the couch. "We can share the bed. I don't bite." Obi-wan jokes taking his robe off. 

Shaking my head I follow his lead and remove the robe and my shoes before climbing under the covers. I roll over on my side before I feel the bed dip and I know Obi-wan has laid down as well. Without saying another word, I fall off into a terror filled dream.

As my eyes slowly peel open I realize an arm is draped over my waist holding me closely to a warm body. "I didn't realize you had nightmares." Obi-wan said softly. "I-I normally don't. I haven't had once since..." I stop my words realizing something bad is going to happen. "Since when?" Obi-wan asks turning me to face him. "Since the night before my Master disappeared." I reply looking away from his eyes. "What was it this time?" he asks rubbing the pad of his thumb across my cheekbone. "The Sith is back. They're going to attack, I-I'm not sure when, but they're coming." I reply looking into his eyes once more. "Do you think it will be soon?" Obi-wan asked curiously. "No. I-I don't sense anything dark in the force. It can't be anytime soon unless they're just that good at hiding the force." I sigh sitting up. 

We quickly redress and I re-braid my hair to make it look presentable. "Jedi Obi-wan and Esther. We just got work from Jedi Master Qui-Gon, he found a part but it won't be until tomorrow before he can get it. After we are done we exit the room. 

When we arrive in the Queen's thrown room we notice that a hologram had been received from Bibble. We all stand around to watch the video along with Captain Panaka and the Queen. "...cut off all food supplies until you return...the death toll is catastrophic...we must bow to their wishes, Your Highness...Please tell us what to do! If you can hear us, Your Highness, you must contact me..." Bibble says as he cuts in and out.

Looking to the Queen, I notice she is very upset. "It's a trick. Send no reply... Send no transmission of any kind." Obi-wan orders causing everyone to look from him to me. "He's right. If this is a trick, the Viceroy will be here within the hour if we reply." I sigh agreeing with Obi-wan. 

We quickly make our way back to the cockpit. and get into contact with Master Qui-Gon. "...the Queen is upset...but absolutely no reply was sent." Obi-wan says informing his Master. "It sounds like bait to establish a connection trace." Qui-Gon sighs. "What if it is true and the people are dying?" Obi-wan questions concerned. "Either way, we're running out of time." I state looking at him. "I'm afraid she may be right." Qui-Gon sighs. "Stay alert, they shouldn't be able to track the ship, but that doesn't mean anything." Qui-Gon adds before turning his comlink off. "So what now?" Captain Panaka asks curiously. "We wait. It'll be sometime tomorrow before we get the part. We will stay up, let everyone get some rest. It's been a long day." I state leaning back in my seat. 

It had been a few hours since we last heard from Master Qui-Gon when the Comlink begins beeping once more. "Obi-Wan... Esther...." Qui-Gon's voice comes through quietly. "Yes, Master." Obi-wan replies quickly. "Make an analysis of this blood sample I'm sending you." Qui-Gon says causing Obi-wan and I to share a look. "Wait a minute..." Obi-wan sighs starting the machine. "I need a midi-chlorian count." Qui-Gon determines through the comlink. "All right. I've got it." I sigh taking over the machine after watching Obi-wan fumble with it. "What are your readings?" Qui-Gon asks curiously.