Part 24

Obi-wan and I are placed in New handcuffs before being moved onto a chariot. "Esther, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have led you here with me." Obi-wan says sadly."Obi, it isn't over yet. I sense several Jedi nearby." I whisper. "If I don't make it through this, I want you to know that I love you." I sigh letting a tear escape. "I love you too." Obi-wan replies as he leans in to plant a kiss on my lips.

The great stadium is packed with tier upon tier of yelling geonosians. The cart trundles to the center, where four upright posts that are three feet in diameter stand. The cart stops and they chain us to the posts.

Not long after another cart appears with Anakin and Padme as they are taken down, dragged to posts, and chained to them as well. Anakin is in
the center with Padme as she pulls a wire from her clothing and places it in her mouth.

"I was beginning to wonder if you had gotten my message." Obi-wan sighs. "I retransmitted it as you requested, Master. Then we decided to come and rescue you two." Anakin sighs. "Good job!" Obi-wan retorts sarcastically.

Their arms are pulled high above their heads, and the cart drives away. The crowd goes wild as a voice begins to speak. "The felons before you have been convicted of espionage against the Sovereign System of Geonosis. Their sentence of death is to be carried out in this public arena henceforth." The voice announces.

The crowd roars and cheers. In the box, Poogle rises and the crowd becomes quiet. "Let the executions begin!" He yells. The crowd goes wild. From different gates around the arena, four monsters are
driven in. One is a reek that looks like a bull, one is a Nexu similar to a lion, the next is a crab like creature Ive never seen before, and one is an Ackelay; a lobster-dinosaur creature. They are driven in by picadors carrying long spears and riding oorays. The picadors poke the creatures toward the center then retire to the perimeter.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." Anakin grumbles. The monsters toss their heads, looking around, roaring or screeching as they begin to charge. The crab like creature begins for me as I climb up the pole like Padme.

Padme had used the wire she concealed to pick the lock on one of the hand restraints. Within a moment, she is standing on top of the pole trying to pull the chain free.

I watch as the reek charges Anakin and he jumps up, and the beast hits the post hard. Anakin lands onto its back, wrapping part of his chain around its horn. The reek backs off, shaking its head angrily, which tears the chain from the post.

Suddenly I'm drawn back to the creature before me as it circles the post while staring me down. I pull on the chain trying to get it loose as the creature then knocks over my post. "Damn it." I groan as I hit the ground hard.

I quickly dodge the swings from the crab-like claws until one lands a hit and I fall to the ground again. I look to see the creature moving towards me and accept that this is where I will die. Suddenly Anakin, Padme, and Obi-wan appear on the Reek and knock out the crab-like creature.

Padme unlocks the chains with a small metal piece as Obi-wan pulls me to my feet. "Love, you aren't leaving me this quick." He smiles softly before droidekas roll to the center of the arena. "Sorry to disappoint you, Dooku. This party's over." We hear Master Windu state.

At strategic places around the arena there are sudden flashes of light as about two-hundred Jedi switch on their lightsabers. The crowd is suddenly silent. "Brave, but foolish, my old Jedi friend. You're impossibly outnumbered." The Count replies. "I don't think so. The Geonosians aren't warriors. One Jedi has to be worth a hundred Geonosians." Windu states boldly.

Count Dooku looks around the great theater. His smile grows. "It wasn't the Geonosians I was thinking about. How well do you think one Jedi will hold up against a thousand Battle Droids?" He asks curiously. Thousands of droids start to pour into all parts of the arena.